This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 125
· Members: 0
· Total: 125

Spaceempires.net :: Er, this question may have been asked before, but... :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Er, this question may have been asked before, but...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DXM
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:05 am    Post subject: Er, this question may have been asked before, but... Reply with quote

Does BM have an issue with minimizing the SE5 window? I decided to try 1.19i, got about 25 turns in, then took a screenshot of one of the random events... When I went back to the game, I got a "Could not load file: C:\Pro ...etc... \empires\(Any)" error. Also, all the UI pics were suddenly corrupted. The game still seemed to work, it allowed me to save the game... I've taken a lot of screenshots in SE5, but it may have been a few years since I took the last one... Is this a BM bug? A bug that came from one of the SE5 patches? Or is it something odd that just happened to my system?

-Actually, the saved game would not load... It gave an error about not being able to load neutral008 flagset or something, then said it couldn't load the saved game...

marhawkman
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um... Mine crashes every time the screen saver comes on. Sad

Yours sounds different. Check to see if the AI flagset is still there. It might have been corrupted or something.

DXM
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I figured it out - I had removed almost all the neutral races from my empires folder & changed my settings to add the exact number of remaining neutrals to the game regardless of low/med/high setting... I guess since BM has neutral race folders in its empires folder, the game tried to add neutrals that weren't there... This led to none of the saved games working, but the game let me play until I minimized it without having a problem... SE is weird that way; it tries to work even when something is totally screwy. Which I guess is a good thing, it allows you to figure out what the problem might be instead of just scratching your head... Surely 'can't load (file path)' is better than Empire at War's error message: "Exception!" *crash*

My XP computers all have 'blank' as screensaver, but after they've been running for a few days, it won't work without opening display properties - which I guess like 'reminds' Windows what it is supposed to be doing... Still, I don't think blanking the screen has ever given me trouble with SE5.

marhawkman
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, I play on a laptop that has the screensaver completely disabled. If I'm going to be away I just close the lid and let it go to sleep. I don't really need the screensaver.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Balance Mod All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: