This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 1
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 151
· Members: 0
· Total: 151

Spaceempires.net :: First look :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

First look

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> SF Star Wars Mod
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bearclaw

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:45 am    Post subject: First look Reply with quote

This is a small size composite screen capture of what the Star Wars map looks like in SF. There are no warp lines yet and locations will be adjusted to look better but I thought I'd give you a preview of what things are starting to shape up to.

SWmapSF.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  83.65 KB
 Viewed:  25771 Time(s)

SWmapSF.jpg

View full size

Nick (bearclaw)

"You don't know the Power of the Dark Side. I must obey my Master"

Combat_Wombat
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg thats massive

Co-Lead of the FrEee project an open-source Space Empires IV clone

Author of Invasion! for Space Empires IV

CaptainKwok
Balance Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like you can space it out a bit more so it doesn't look so cluttered, but very impressive start!

Space Empires Depot | SE:V Balance Mod

GMLocutus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*mouth hits the floor*

whoah, thats extremely impressive. I'm still getting ships, the problem is finding the lowest poly count ones to use.

bearclaw

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GMLocutus wrote:
*mouth hits the floor*

whoah, thats extremely impressive. I'm still getting ships, the problem is finding the lowest poly count ones to use.

I belive the words you are looking for are:
"Impressive. Most impressive."
Smile

And, yes, I do plan on spreading them out more. I did this 'first draft' to see just how things will work out. Next comes better placement and warp lines. Once that's done, then the systemGenerator goes to work and all I need to do is adjust the canon systems that details are known about and that part of the mod will be complete.

GMLocutus and I had discussed the option that with the scale of this mod, once we've got the ships, maps, components etc done, then creating new storylines within this setting becomes relativly easy.

but first things first...

Nick (bearclaw)

Fyron
Galactic Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could add some hidden systems in the top left area. Wink

Smarter than your average Texrak.

bearclaw

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an update: I've reached the 1/3 mark for adding warp points. Only about 1200 more warp points to go!! (345 systems, with an average of 5 WP's per system)

Then I start on spacing them out better. Basicly I'm going to rotate the whole thing about 20-25 degrees Clock-wise and space things out so that there shouldn't be any systems that are directly side-by-side.

Nick (bearclaw)

bearclaw

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fyron, what the h*** is THAT?

Nick (bearclaw)

Detjen
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to say I think you should be very careful in editing the map, keep it as close to the origional as possible, I think the game will be alot greater with a more cannon map being used. and since that great big spot of unexplored space is there you can even create a whole set of missions set to discovering that.

bearclaw

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe me, we plan on keeping things as canon as possible. The problem with this map is that in the really crowded areas near the right-hand side of the core, you can't read the system names where they are side by side. Each system should have at least 1 space between them so that all the names are readable.

Nick (bearclaw)

Detjen
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, well in that case, being able to read the systems name would be pretty important, ill just have to beat up the inner fanatic and explain to him that sometimes changes have to be done. looks great though, having all thos planets

Rathan
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is Huge are those full-sized systems?
If so, you should probably make ships faster than in normal Starfury, so that travel time (even with time accellrated) is reasonable.

Yet again, as long as mission time limits are long enough, it doesn't really matter.

Just another note, it would be nice if there were more fleet battle missions in Starfury. That should be easy to include in a mod and it would make it more like X-Wing vs Tie Fighter.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> SF Star Wars Mod All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: