· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 1
· Overall: 3068

People Online:
· Visitors: 111
· Members: 0
· Total: 111

Spaceempires.net :: Hang at processing all players turn :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Hang at processing all players turn

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> SEV Spaceport
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dransteph
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:24 pm    Post subject: Hang at processing all players turn Reply with quote

New to SEV and love the game so far ! just got a major problem the game hang at end of turn while processing all players Ive tried a couple suggestion I found in this forum so far but no luck

I am using Crimson Concept 8.0 mod, high number of players with medium quadrant map (tried large quadrant too but same problem) the game is patch with 1.79 version

now trying an older save in windowed mode to see if I can go through without a freeze ...

I have edited the setting.txt after start of the game to tweak number of systems in a new game

anyone can help me ?

marhawkman
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try starting a new game. but it might be a bug in the AI for CCmod.

Lorq13
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had to re-install mods before, for problems with SEV. Also, sometimes closing the current SEV and opening a new one works well.

dransteph
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

will try a new game later to see , but for tonight I will try a new mod !

note that the game hang almost at the end of the blue bar, if its any indication to anyone ...

I took over all the AI for that particular turn to see if I could spot a refiting problem or a faulty design ... only strange thing I notice was a couple AI had give commands to retrofit some ship whith no shipyard present Shocked

I also put Engines as top repair priority for myself and the AI...

marhawkman
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that might be it``.

dransteph
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

will try to re-install everything then

Mark you suggest the oddity of AI trying to retrofit with no shipyard present might be the cause of the hang ?

marhawkman
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe. the game has flaky error handling. sometimes it'll completely ignore errors, other times it'll crash or freez because of stupid stuff. Example: try to queue the construction of 1,000,000 mines. the game crashes because the number box has too many digits in it. :/

dransteph
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol I wont try that then Exclamation

I have re-installed the game + the CC mod 8.0 to check if that would change something , so far same problem with the save game ... always hang at 2413.6

this time I did'nt add the Triton's Gate mini-mod to see if that could be the cause the save games always hang (in fact both of my 2 first game hang in 2413 )

started a new game so far saw an event I have'nt seen before concerning population vs production so ... (crossing fingers) ... on a medium quadrant with medium number of AI instead of high number...

anything else I should know/avoid ? any other good working mod, with lot of techs and new buildings ?

Lorq13
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing you could try is running the last couple of turns before the crash; somethimes that will change what is going on the turn of the crash, and whatever the cause was might not happen.

The CC mod is very good, I think. It has the most added features of mods I have tried for SEV.

dransteph
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok will try older save games later on to see if it can work it out, last time I tried them it freeze just the same but that was before the new installation

Veni_Vidi_Vici
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I am going to ask. Is it possible that a shipset or something is glitching you?

I have played some shipsets that have models that either corrupted for me or didn't work in the first place that crash the game. SO you may have some object get built that has faulty programing. In which case I would redownload shipsets.

marhawkman
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have occasionally needed to fix shipsets. It could be related, but seems unlikely. shipset issues rarely cause turn generation crashes... Unless the AIs are fighting each other, or it gets stuck trying to build something it can't.

Veni_Vidi_Vici
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well a shipset is just an example I am sure any of a number of files could be causing a problem. For trouble-shooting I might try taking over all the AI's for evaluation to figure out if its an action that can be stopped.

marhawkman
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at their planet facilities too. And yeah, the issue with invalid refits could be the problem.

dransteph
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did'nt download any shipset as I was trying the game and the CC mod out first so I think shipset can be ruled out ?

I did'nt spot any design problem in the last turn before the freeze but it might have slip by me or might have occured a few turns before ... I will have to check that from an older save game... what should I check about facilities/ ships ? (beside designs)

another thing it says in CC mod description it use BM mod 1.19e ... can I take part of the BM mod 1.19h like the AI stuff or would it create game issues if I do so ?

Veni_Vidi_Vici
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There would be an issue.
Did you redownload the mod or just reinstall it from original download?

Do not try to merge mod components. It is too easy to mess stuff up.

I would look for something being built for the first time with something new. EG. new space station with a new component or hull type.

marhawkman
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merging mods requires you to carefully study what the mods do. Otherwise... bad stuff happens. One example: merging FQM with Warp10 mod. Don't. Why? warp 10 mod uses different atmos and physical types than FQM. thus to merge you need to edit the atmos and physical types of EVERY planet in FQM.

Shrike
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something I haven't seen in this thread yet: can you alt + tab out of the game and check what your free disk space is on the drive that's processing the game? SEV has a very nasty habit of using GIGABYTES of disk space during processing. If this is a multiplayer PBW game a few game years in you'd best make sure you have at least 20GB free for processing. If it's single player you will probably need a lot less, but still a good idea to check.

ForesterSOF
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes; I have AT out of processing a game and do other things then zip and upload the turn when I can.

marhawkman
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he was suggesting that you Alt-Tab to check the amount of free disk space available when the game hangs.

Shrike
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He ... eh .. I was Laughing

ForesterSOF
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same thing.
I get out of a game while it is processing.

dransteph
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

update...

I started a new game after the re-installation of the game and the mod , this time with medium number of AI players and so far I am in year 2415.2 and everything seem to work fine

I have tried to continue the 2 previous different saved games but still wont let me go past 2413.6 (hang at processing all player (blue bar)) will check over next week-end if previous saves of those game will work past 2413.6 and will double check the AI designs and stuff to see if I cant spot the problem

Concerning mod-merging thanks guys that make sense that it would be likely to cause problems (without some proper re-writing ) even if only using tha AI part of the BM 1.19h with CC 8.0 ... I wont try that Razz

Regarding hdd space, I dont think it's an issue there I have at least 20 GIG free I am playing a single player game, already checked if I was low on space but thanks Wink

the only thing that I remember is that when I saved the 2nd game just before the turn hang happenned it took at least 3X the time it usually take to save the game ... but even when I load an older save from that game I am stuck at the exact same turn ...

Well at least my 3rd game is still playable Razz

rnl
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the hangup before the event start or not is my first question?
I would like for you to see if any of the AI or you are using the loan system, cultural facility, or any of the added concepts.
Also check you planets resource info and see if they are abnormal high or low.
Let me know what happens.

Note
Never add the shipset's AI info to another mod it's not design for, bad things happen
Also the AI in this mod was change a lot so unfortunate the bm can be just drop in.

++ Sorry for the delay in responding.

dransteph
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

np rnl thanks for responding Wink

I will check what you mentioned a bit later when I get some time off on my schedule but only other thing I remember is one of the AI respond by the negative to another AI that was demanding their surrender

will keep you posted on things I find asap ...

my 3rd game seem to work niceky still Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> SEV Spaceport All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: