This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 184
· Members: 0
· Total: 184

Spaceempires.net :: PBC SEV: Constitutional Convention :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

PBC SEV: Constitutional Convention

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> SEV Play By Web
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skyburn
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:16 am    Post subject: PBC SEV: Constitutional Convention Reply with quote

Constitution: https://sites.google.com/site/sevpbc/

Quote:
Section 4. –The Military

11. All members of the council may have their own personal forces. (Which may be limited by law)

Is the "council" referred to above the High Council or the Imperial Oversight Council?

Exactly what separates civilian and military players is not yet listed. Here's my suggestion:

Civilian Ships
-no weapons except for PD guns
-no Fighter Bays, Satellite Launchers, Drone Launchers

Military Ships
-at least 1 weapon, Fighter Bay, Satellite Launcher, or Drone Launcher
-no remote miners

Note that ships with both weapons and remote miners would be illegal.

Civilian Player

-may own unlimited numbers of planets
-may own unlimited numbers of bases
-may own unlimited numbers of Weapon Platforms, Mobile facilities, and satellites
-may own unlimited numbers of civilian ships

-may not own fighters or drones
-may not own military ships

Military Player

-may own unlimited numbers of military ships
-may own unlimited numbers of civilian ships EXCEPT remote miners
-may own unlimited numbers of fighters and drones
-may own unlimited numbers of weapon platforms and satellites
-may own unlimited numbers of bases

-may not own planets
-may not own mobile facilities

doom3607
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works for me. As CinC of the military, I approves of this, as long as I get one 'base' that is a max-size and max-build rate shipyard, so i can have it go Von Neumman a few times and give me a big fleet yard.

Veni_Vidi_Vici
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Imperial Oversight Council is intended to be the three big guys in the military, CinC, Commander of Defense, Commander of Offensive operations. They are supposed to be working together to make sure nothing stupid happens, like leaving a warp point unguarded when intel KNOWS that a fleet is coming through.

The Council in Article 11 is supposed to refer to the Diet members. I will clarify these references; I can be incomprehensible at times.
The thought for separating military and civilian players is that Civilian Players will behave like feudal lords. They can have a small personal military, limited by law, that they can use but must pay for. The military will be similar to Feudal Lords, but they are payed for by government funding, instead of being limited their armies are allowed to be much larger. The constitution itself probably shouldn't limit changes but it should be decided by the players and allowed to change. Hence the law.

Skyburn, I really like how you have that out but I think I have a couple small edits.

3 types of ships with 3 subclasses
Types:
Attack
Defense
Civilian

Classes:
Light (up to 500kt?), Medium(up to 750 or 1000kt?), heavy(Anything bigger)

Civilian Players would be allowed to have up to Light attack ships, Medium Defense Ships, and Heavy Civilian ships. (Colony ships should be authorized by the Duma or High Council.)

Military can have up to Heavy, Heavy, Med(not counting supply/repair ships) The military cannot have Pop transports, remote miners or Stellar Construction ships. (Warp point manipulation, and some stuff would be ok)

Bases can be unlimited, but I might think that civilian bases should be much smaller.

Units may all be owned by both types; though I would say that the military should have no need for Weapon Platforms, they could be under the High Councils authority.

Veni_Vidi_Vici
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

somewhat updated: https://sites.google.com/site/sevpbc/
I added a section on liturgy that will need to be expanded. The basic gist is it allows some players to challenge other players, if they think they will do better. This will be the primary method that I thought of for military promotion. It also lets the civilians fight for territory.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> SEV Play By Web All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: