This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 115
· Members: 0
· Total: 115

Spaceempires.net :: Current mod status :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Current mod status

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> The People's Mod
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Exan
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Current mod status Reply with quote

Some improvements have happened since the release of 0.3.0-pre2. For one I've added few new abilities such as the CPU slot type for every ship. However there are some issues with the mod, mainly that it crashes right after loading and the introduction texts.

I don't know why but it may have something do with the Enemy Appearances. I've been looking those files for hours now but I can't locate the problem there. But then again my speciality lies withing the quadrant map and ship files. The rest is more or less mystery to me.

Also the new Starfury patch isn't much helping in the testing. Previously if the mod crashed, the game crashed. Now, when the mod crashes, entire Windows goes down with it!!! Not an improvement in my opinion. I guess I have to reinstall the game and install the patch 2. Patch 3 can rot in hell for all I care.

Anyway, 0.3.0 is coming though I cannot say when. Doing all the coding work alone isnt' easy.

Combat_Wombat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumor has it Nemesys has finally decided to come back and help again Very Happy
So work on the People's Mod may be restarting again shortly.

Very Happy

Co-Lead of the FrEee project an open-source Space Empires IV clone

Author of Invasion! for Space Empires IV

Nemesys
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumour? Hmmmm... can't say I much care for rumours... time to squash that one. Yes! I have started working on the mod again, as time allows. Right now my main focus is to fix all the nasty little bugs and graphics problems and weird crap that is flooding the mod. In maybe a month I will release a bugfix version, and after that things will really start to go! I have spring break coming up in 3 weeks, so that will be a great time to really go nuts. In the meantime, I have registered a domain specially for the mod, now, no need to remember fancy subdomains or anything, our new home is www.thepeoplesmod.com , too simple. Check it out, sign up on the forums, it was just created yesterday so there is not much there yet, but it will come.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> The People's Mod All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: