This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 117
· Members: 0
· Total: 117

Spaceempires.net :: Crash at 90% :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Crash at 90%

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> The People's Mod
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Archaon
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Crash at 90% Reply with quote

I don't know where else to put this.

When I try starting the campaign it stops at 90% and the only way for me to exit is by ctrl + alt + deleting the task.

Anyway to fix this?

Exan
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes there is.

I think it's in Main_Enemies.txt file. As you scroll down the file you notice that after every ship entry there's one empty row. Now as you scroll down further down the file there's two or more empty rows between the entries. In these cases Starfury considers that the file ends there not bothering to read the file any further. So to make everything work you just simply have to erase extra empty rows. Ironically this was the problem with the TPM-0.3.0-pre2 download in the first place and what I was set out to fix in my small fix patch. However after I fixed the problem I forgot to copy the updated Main_Enemies.txt file to be compressed so that's for that.

I'm terrible sorry about this problem. I'm working to get a stable 0.3.0 revision out soon.

Archaon
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to be sorry mate, we should be thankful there's people like you to make our games better without having to pay Smile

I'll try that out soon right now I'm gonna take a nap Cool

edit:

Okay well I tried removing all the blank lines, it didn't work.
Then I restored it to as it was before and tried only removing the extra 2 lines in the one spot, still didn't work.

I think I'm doing something wrong here.

If it is at all possible can you please modify the main_enemies.txt and upload it here for me or e-mail it to me? If you're busy it's understandable.

Exan
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to keep you waiting. I was away and couldn't post.

Now I won't download the mod and start working on that file. I'll use all my time on getting stable 0.3.0 out so I'm afraid you have to wait till that. If all goes well I can release the 0.3.0 next week or so.

SuicideJunkie
Leaky Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There needs to be exactly one blank line above each entry.

Any lines which start with "//" are comments, and don't count.

Near the top you should have:
Code:
==========
*Begin*
==========

Enemy Base Resist All Start                          := 0
... yadda yadda ...
After which, single spacing only.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> The People's Mod All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: