This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 274
· Members: 0
· Total: 274

Spaceempires.net :: BM: Starting things off :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

BM: Starting things off

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> SEV Spaceport
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starshine_Monarch
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: BM: Starting things off Reply with quote

When you start a new game, particularly under Kwok's Balance mod, which techs do you usually shoot for first? Also, how early do you consider building military ships? Are there other important things that take priority very early in the game? Do different techs take priority depending on the research difficulty?

ForesterSOF
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on what type of empire I am trying to be like.

Usually I think defense and specialized techs for that empire.

Criusmac
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually I shoot for planetary environment first. I have no idea why though, but I do play with pollution on in BalanceMod. Then I aim for capture ship technology. Then I shoot for chemistry and plasma missiles.

I only start building military ships when I first meet another race, and they start destroying my ships.

I always make it a priority to explore other systems completely for breathable colonizable planets.

I usually focus on techs I can't steal from other ships.

TheThirdEye
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the first things I would suggest is sensors. Up to 3 or even 4 if you can. Lets you explore/survey SO much faster. Other wise it's a choice of empire personality.

Hazcom13
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sensors, better engines,and frigate size for me. Until I meet another race, I want to maximize my growth. After I am cranking out colonizers, if I have not met anyone else, I'll do a couple levels of applied resarch.

Depending on my race setup, I sometimes have to research better mineral extraction, and even economics to reduce upkeep costs.

After meeting my first new race, I'll either research mines or WP mounts to defend my planets.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> SEV Spaceport All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: