This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 269
· Members: 0
· Total: 269

Spaceempires.net :: DJAS v75+, many Bothans died to bring you this version! :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

DJAS v75+, many Bothans died to bring you this version!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
arthurtuxedo
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:19 pm    Post subject: DJAS v75+, many Bothans died to bring you this version! Reply with quote

Hi all,

In the spirit of shameless self-promotion, I'd like to let you all know that my DJAS mod now has working AI, so if you've been curious to check the mod out but held back because it was multiplayer only, please check it out!

You can find version 32 here: http://files.spaceempires.net/user/1799/DJASv32.rar
Or here: http://www.tensided.com/temp/DJASv32.rar

EDIT: Permanent link to latest version: http://www.spaceempires.net/downloads-file-841.html

Note: This link has to be manually approved by Fyron and can potentially be days or weeks out of date. Check the "New version thread for DJAS75+" for the latest version.

Last edited by arthurtuxedo on Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:02 pm; edited 9 times in total

arthurtuxedo
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated to version 33 with some bugfixes:

Code:
v33:
1. Fixed - Shield regenerators were visible before Physics 3, but could not be placed on vehicles.
2. Fixed - Engines were not mountable on troops.
3. Fixed - Vehicles could not move in ground combat.
4. Fixed - Troops had excessive movement points per engine.
5. Changed - Removed capital city's intelligence points, added -100% population maintenance. Free starting intel had no benefit because everyone gets the same amount  and it can be highly unbalancing for AI's with bonus or players with high intel bonus.

New link: http://files.spaceempires.net/user/1799/DJASv33.rar

Emperor_Invisible
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so what exactly is this mod? Since I havent seen it yet.

marhawkman
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? It's nice. the main mod theme is restructuring advancements so tha they fall into four "ages".

arthurtuxedo
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three, actually, but yes. There are 3 weapon types: Projectiles, beams, and seekers. You can research the weapons, shields, combat sensors, and ECM out to level 100, but there are two "breakthrough" techs that yield new techs that are much more powerful. They are expensive, though, so if you go for them too early someone can overpower you at the current tech level. Start researching them too late, however, and you might find yourself facing someone with much greater range and multiple times your ability to dish out and take damage.

Another focus of the mod is the vehicle sizes. You get all vehicle sizes at the start of the game and they all get bigger as you research. Small ships are fast, cheap, hard to hit, and have a large accuracy bonus. Medium ships can destroy small and large ships easily but are weak against units (who they have trouble hitting) and colonies and starbases (medium ship weapons are not nearly powerful enough). Large ships are good against hard targets like planets and starbases (in fact, you cannot face these targets without them unless you vastly out-tech your opponent) but very weak against other ships and units. They are also good for minesweepers, space yards, etc. since they have the most internal space.

Lastly, DJAS gets going quickly and tends to be of larger scale than most mods (apologies to people with older computers Smile ). There is a homeworld capital city facility that starts each player out with 20K of research and each resource, maintenance costs per ship and unit are much less than in other mods, and you can build up to 5 space yards to create "forge worlds" with high build rate. This causes navies to become quite large.

There are other changes and additions here and there that could be mentioned, but these are the main thrusts of the mod. It's not for everyone, but it's a very different experience from "stock-like" mods.

Emperor_Invisible
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice, thanks, this sounds interesting.

arthurtuxedo
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated to version 35 with some bugfixes and cost changes:

Code:
v34:
1. Changed - Engine costs lowered substantially for Jacketed-Photon and Quantum engines.
2. Changed - Costs for phased and null-space shield regenerators increased substantially.
3. Changed - Costs for composite and neutron armor increased substantially.
4. Changed - Costs for tier 2 and 3 weapons increased substantially.
5. Changed - Costs for tier 2 and 3 ECM and combat sensors increased substantially.
6. Changed - Large missiles given equal speed to swarm missiles. They were being shot down too easily.
7. Changed - Swapped supply and ordnance pod pics so they will not be confused with their larger cousins.
Note: Now it will make sense to use post-breakthrough engines, and tier 2 and 3 ships will be significantly more expensive overall, not just in cost of engines.

v35:
1. Fixed - Phased Planetary Shield Generators were being pierced by phasers, Null-Space generators by nullifiers.
2. Changed - As a side effect of #1, phasers and nullifiers will not skip any planetary shield generator. #1 could not have been fixed without causing #2 due to an SE5 bug.
3. Fixed - Drones were not getting their 30% attack bonus.
4. Changed - Bombers' attack and defense bonuses reduced to 30%.

Savegame compatibility is v32+

New link: http://files.spaceempires.net/user/1799/DJASv35.rar

arthurtuxedo
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJAS is now at v38. The biggest changes are that I added some variety of weapon choices with the races and the AI now uses Advanced and Ultimate Combat Sensors and ECM.

Code:
v38:
1. Fixed - AI no longer places both regular and advanced ECM and Combat Sensors.
2. Changed - Old ship sizes now disappear at level 2 of the new size.

v37:
1. Changed - Engine costs rebalanced so that they get cheaper across all three resources with level-ups, not just minerals.
2. Fixed - Small shield generators now properly take up 3 kT instead of 6.
3. Fixed - Gas and ice colony modules were able to be placed on bases.
4. Fixed - Some old tech components were not properly disappearing and being replaced by newer ones.
5. Changed - AI now uses Advanced and Ultimate Sensors and ECM.
6. Changed - Some AI empires now use projectile and missile weapons.

New link: http://files.spaceempires.net/user/1799/DJASv38.rar

arthurtuxedo
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJAS is now at v39. Didn't mean to increment two versions in one day, but I didn't think I would find the solutions to these so soon.

Unless there is something I am forgetting, this will be the last 32+ version. The next one will add some cool new stuff and break any existing saves.

Code:
v39:
1. Fixed - AI now uses shields
2. Fixed - AI now uses advanced engines
3. Changed - Rebalanced component costs so that they get cheaper as levels advance.

New link: http://files.spaceempires.net/user/1799/DJASv39.rar

Spearman
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bug report:
Warheads are not available in the mine design screen, fighter components show up instead. Also, some of the basic energy weaons do 0 damage.

Perhaps, if we were to plant spore sacs in your brain organ and let its tendrils spread through your flesh, then you would truly understand Juffo-Wup... become part of Juffo-Wup.

arthurtuxedo
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback, Spearman!

Mines work differently in DJAS. They do not have warheads, but instead have weapons. Since they can only be targeted by shorter-ranged secondary weapons but can carry primary weapons, 100 of them can be quite a nuisance. Since they cannot mount shields or armor, however, they will not usually take out a fleet by themselves.

I did not see any fighter weapons mountable on mines, although I did notice that a few regular weapons could not be mounted on them, so thank you for helping me catch that.

Since the beam laser does 1 damage 20 times per second at 1st level, any modifier that reduces the damage can put it to 0 at level 1. After a few levels it should be in positive territory, and you can always use the pulse laser in the mean time.

arthurtuxedo
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJAS is now at v40. This one fixes the issue where some weapons could not be mounted on mines and also implements decreasing cost for facilities. Also modified resource converters to give more incentive to research them past level 1.

I know I've said it before, but this will most likely be the last v32+ compatible version.

Code:
v40:
1. Fixed - Some weapons were not mountable on mines.
2. Changed - Rebalanced facility costs so that they get cheaper as levels advance.
3. Changed - Resource converters now have 90% loss at level 1, but only 10% at level 5.

New link: http://files.spaceempires.net/user/1799/DJASv40.rar

arthurtuxedo
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minor change to resupply depots to ensure that at least a few ships passing through a system will be resupplied. Large fleets will still need to pass over the planet containing the depot.

Code:
v41:
1. Changed - Resupply depots now distrubute more supply and ordnance.

New link: http://files.spaceempires.net/user/1799/DJASv41.rar

WilliamTheBat
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having a blast with this mod!

A few things though..

Some of the AI empires ship designs, especially in the early game, are missing critical components.. some will have no armor or shields, others will have no ordinance on projectile ships, still others have no supplies at all.

Ship and base design in general seems... off. I've seen a lot of weapons platforms with mostly armor and no weapons, same with bases.

I have yet to see the AI make a troop. I've seen no militia at all, even on home planets.

I've also noticed that you can have 5 space yards and 5 advanced space yards on the same planet.. feature or bug?

Remote miners do not say they use supplies.. I thought I could get away without supply generation on my mining bases, but they sure do use them anyway.

Fighter seekers have the same "hit points" as full sized seekers, making point defense against them unusually difficult.

I really like some of the interesting trade offs in this mod, but there are a few "cheats" like mounting a full sized weapon on a bomber, or using missile weapons on a ship of the line or battleship to kill smaller ships or fighters, thus negating the main drawback of the largest ships.

arthurtuxedo
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WilliamTheBat wrote:
I'm having a blast with this mod!

Glad to hear it!

Quote:
A few things though..

Some of the AI empires ship designs, especially in the early game, are missing critical components.. some will have no armor or shields, others will have no ordinance on projectile ships, still others have no supplies at all.

Ship and base design in general seems... off. I've seen a lot of weapons platforms with mostly armor and no weapons, same with bases.

I have yet to see the AI make a troop. I've seen no militia at all, even on home planets.

I'll work on improving the designs as time goes on. My understanding of the scripting language is still very rudimentary and cut-n-paste. Most of the AI designs are surprisingly effective in my experience, however, and a High Bonus AI is a serious challenge.

I probably forgot to change a line somewhere to let the AI know about the new troop sizes. I'll add that to the list. Thanks for pointing it out.

Quote:
I've also noticed that you can have 5 space yards and 5 advanced space yards on the same planet.. feature or bug?

Feature-ish. Soon I'll replace multiple space yards with 1 space yard + unlimited "expansions", so this issue will go away.

Quote:
Remote miners do not say they use supplies.. I thought I could get away without supply generation on my mining bases, but they sure do use them anyway.

I suppose it could use a description stating the supply use. I'll add it to the list.

Quote:
Fighter seekers have the same "hit points" as full sized seekers, making point defense against them unusually difficult.

Hmm, not sure whether that can be changed with mounts or not. If not then it might require some rethinking.

Quote:
I really like some of the interesting trade offs in this mod, but there are a few "cheats" like mounting a full sized weapon on a bomber, or using missile weapons on a ship of the line or battleship to kill smaller ships or fighters, thus negating the main drawback of the largest ships.

These are intentional. Bombers with full sized weapons are quite fearsome, but they tend to be slow and not very well armored unless a lot of points have been sunk into Small Scale Construction. I haven't noticed them totally dominating in the games I've played yet, but I've got my eye on bomber balance.

Large ships with missile weapons do negate the drawback of a large ship, but they also cannot use the bombardment mount, and the cost and slow rate of turn is a big drawback for a missile ship. I would not expect too many players to field large ships as missile ships.

WilliamTheBat
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I used phasers for the bombardment weapons, and a whole load of mini photon torpedos for everything the bombardment weapons can't hit. Fighters? toast. Destroyers? toast. Cruisers... could be rough. They are meant to kill battleships, though.

arthurtuxedo
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've started working on rebalancing the racial techs. This means integrating their components into the regular tech tree (never liked having to pay for a trait and then research a special tree on top of it) and giving them a weapon and / or armor that is very dominant pre-breakthrough. For instance, crystalline races have a Shard Cannon that is just like the mass driver but skips armor, while Organic races have the Seeking Parasite that is like the Nuclear Missile but uses no ordnance. Crystalline and Organic armor is also very powerful relative to normal pre-breakthrough armor. While some of their techs remain useful post-breakthrough, these races should generally pursue an early rush strategy.

I also reordered the stellar manip technologies. Breakthrough level warp openers and closers are massive and even more expensive than in other mods, while Final Breakthrough warp components are small and cheap. Bases have been given Breakthrough and Final Breakthrough versions, and weapon platforms no longer increase in size as bigger is not necessarily better for them, but they do have 3 different sizes to choose from.

Code:
v44:
1. Added - Seeking Parasite for Organic races. Same stats as Nuclear Missile, but uses no ordnance.
2. Changed - Power lamprey now levels each 4 levels of Missile Weapons.
3. Changed - Hyperdense Globule now levels each 4 levels of Missile Weapons.
4. Changed - Organic armor now levels with normal armor.
5. Changed - Ordnance Vats now level with Resupply.
6. Changed - Gestation Vats now level with Medical Treatment.
7. Changed - Replicant Centers now level with Medical Treatment.
8. Changed - Genetic Recoding Labs now level with Medical Treatment.
9. Removed - Tech Areas Organic Engineering, Organic Technology, and Organic Weapons have been removed.
10. Added - Remote extractors now have a description line stating their supply usage. (Thanks to WilliamTheBat for this one)
11. Changed - Fighter-mounted seekers now have 20% as much structure. (Thanks to WilliamTheBat for this one)

v43:
1. Added - Shard Cannon added for crystalline races. Same stats as Mass Driver, but 90% armor penetration.
2. Changed - Crystalline armor now levels with normal armor.
3. Changed - Energy refractor levels each 4 levels of shields. At max level it deflects 50% of energy beam weapon damage.
4. Changed - Crystalline Siphon now levels with Shield Damaging Weapons and its damage is increased.
5. Changed - Energy Dampener now causes a sector-wide penalty to enemy attacks and levels with Targeting.
6. Changed - Solar Generator now levels when all three extraction techs have increased in level.
7. Changed - Crystalline Restructuring plant now levels each 5 levels of Resupply and each level reduces maintenance by 5, 10, and 15% respectively.
8. Changed - Energy Transmission Lens now levels with Shields and gives a greater amount of shield generation to ships in the system.
9. Removed - Tech areas Crystallurgy, Crystalline Technology, and Crystalline Weapons have been removed.

v42:
1. Savegame - Broke savegame compatibility. You will not be able to upgrade a game that is in progress to this version.
2. Changed - Moved Computer Combat to Computers 1 from Computers 3.
3. Changed - Lowered cost of Astrophysics to 10K from 30K per level.
4. Changed - Planetary Gravitational Shield Facility tech requirement is now level 3 in Planetary Destruction.
5. Changed - System Gravitational Shield Facility tech requirement is now level 3 in Warp Point Manipulation and level 2 in Stellar Destruction.
6. Changed - Warp Point Destruction renamed to Warp Point Manipulation.
7. Changed - Warp Point Creation renamed to Advanced Warp Point Manipulation.
8. Changed - Warp closers given 6 levels, start extremely large and expensive and get smaller.
9. Added - Small warp point closers added that are much smaller and cheaper. Unlocked with Advanced Warp Point Manipulation.
10. Changed - Warp openers given 6 levels, start extremely large and expensive and get smaller. Can only open WP's up to 5 LY's per level. Can only be mounted on bases.
11. Added - Small warp point openers added that are much smaller and cheaper and can be mounted on ships. Opens WP's up to 10 LY's per level. Unlocked with Advanced Warp Point Manipulation.
12. Changed - Weapon platforms now only have 1 level. Bigger platforms are more expensive and take up more cargo space, and so are not necessarily better.
13. Added - Ground Batteries are smaller weapon platforms of only 100 kT. Good for new colonies that need defenses quickly.
14. Added - Military bases are larger weapon platforms with 400 kT. Good when it is difficult to fit all desired components on a regular WP.
15. Changed - Infantry defense bonus decreased from 50% to 30%.
16. Changed - Space Station now starts at 800 kT, unlocked with Advanced Large Scale Construction.
17. Changed - Starbase now starts at 3000 kT, unlocked with Advanced Large Scale Construction.
18. Added - Space Post starts at 500 kT, available at start.
19. Added - Space Depot starts at 1200 kT, unlocked with Ultimate Large Scale Construction.
20. Added - Battlestation starts at 2000 kT, available at start.
21. Added - Star Fortress starts at 4500 kT, unlocked with Ultimate Large Scale Construction.

This is a "dev version" with NO SAVEGAME COMPATIBILITY. Every new patch will break your save until the rest of the new components and facilities have been added.

Dev link: http://www.tensided.com/temp/DJASv44.rar
Stable link: http://files.spaceempires.net/user/1799/DJASv41.rar

ekolis
Virtual Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure that warp manipulation components work on bases? I thought they required a movement point to be expended to activate them... but maybe that was just SE4 or old versions of SE5!

That's no space station - it's a spreadsheet!

arthurtuxedo
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that you mention it, no I'm not sure at all. I'll have to test it.

marhawkman
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekolis wrote:
Are you sure that warp manipulation components work on bases? I thought they required a movement point to be expended to activate them... but maybe that was just SE4 or old versions of SE5!
they do. If you give the order to a ship with no movement remaining it'll wait until the ship has unused movement.

arthurtuxedo
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK so this is currently a non-functional component, then. I was thinking of adding base engines anyway, though. Either that or I'll just make it a ship component.

ekolis
Virtual Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Base engines don't work in SE5, either... Sad

They worked in SE4 just fine... Rolling Eyes

Remember the failed Capship Mod! Razz I tried to make bases into "capital ships" with their own set of components, but they wound up all being immobile... Sad

arthurtuxedo
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ships it is then!

Does base movement also not work if it is combat-only?

WilliamTheBat
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This mod is seriously cool.

One complaint.. the first breakthrough is too easy to get. If you start in on it nearly right away, you can get it up and running by the time you start seriously tangling with anyone. The AI will avoid it for some time, and you can basically run rampant over all of them and win the game by the time you even start to see a few advanced techs in enemy designs.

Two complaint: ordinance storage is not big enough. If you go for a missile or projectile strategy, your ships are always running out of ordinance.

Three complaint: the AI often makes non-viable ships. Ships with no supply storage, for instance, that move 1 and cripple their fleets. Ships with no armor or shields that are cake to destroy, or ships with no ordinance that get 4 shots off then have to run away, less if missile ships.

Balance issue: Due to the immense size of starbases and the ability to put several space yards on a construction ship so you can crank them out fast, it's very easy to make mining starbases that produce absurd amounts of resources from mining asteroids. Either robo-miners need to be much larger (and more expensive), or asteroid resource values need to be scaled down dramatically. As it stands, asteroids can be just as valuable as a huge breathable mineral rich planet, and take a fraction of the time to get up and running, and not deprive you of real-estate needed for research and shipyards.

Alternately, prod the AI into making some of these so that they can keep up in the arms race. It's easy as pie to walk over the 12-18 ships the AI puts in a fleet (especially when you have the breakthrough and they do not, you'll need like 3 ships to bust that fleet) but if they start cranking out 274 ship fleets, we'd have to really work to keep up.

ekolis
Virtual Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come to think of it, it might have been ONLY in combat that bases are hardcoded to be immobile... you'd have to test that to make sure of course!

edit: oh, and one tack you could take is to make a "Space Ripper" ship hull which is, say, 5000 kT or something, and requires a warp opener which could be, say, 4500kT... one of the races in Sword of the Stars (the Zuul I think) had a big, bulky ship called a Ripper or Reaver or Render or something that could be used to open warp points Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> DJAS Mod All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: