This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 208
· Members: 0
· Total: 208

Spaceempires.net :: A modest contract extension? :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

A modest contract extension?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prophet
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: A modest contract extension? Reply with quote

Dumbluck,

First, let me congratulate you on your appointment to your new position in the Federation. I am honored to be working with you on this level.

Dragonstar Defense certainly wishes to work with your newly formed organization in developing a defensive strategy. I am glad to see you reach out, and apologize that I did not respond sooner. Under normal circumstances, such a lack of response would not have happened.

But there is a small problem immediate to my company. As you may or may not be aware, we have a defense contract with the old Darkstar regime. It is paying for a sizable Dragonstar force in the Egoria system, guarding against enemy incursions from Kennelworth. This deal is about to expire this month, meaning we will no longer be able to afford defending your territory.

I am asking for a small 2-month extension on the existing contract. This will give you some time to judge our performance and let you decide whether to continue employing us.

The deal is here for your review: http://home.spaceempires.net/ftopicp-39587.html#39587

I hate to bring this up at so late an hour. Given all the chaos in the reorganization, I hope you will understand.

Prophet, CEO Dragonstar Industries

dumbluck
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shall grant the extension. It is ready for your signature in the lawyers office. However, I would prefer not to continue with legacy contracts, and would like to refer you here. In the mean time, please feel free to offer any military advice. I freely admit that I am not and have never been a warrior. The winner of the contract will likely be called upon at a later date for the expansion of FI&I's borders (preferably at the expense of the aliens that now threaten us). However, I would like to ensure that my current borders are secure first.

dumbluck
CEO, Fortuitous Investments, Inc.
Author: The Belanai Story

Prophet
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the extension, especially in light of your reservations.

dumbluck wrote:
However, I would prefer not to continue with legacy contracts, and would like to refer you here.

I see. Well we will most certainly put together a comprehensive report and proposal for you as soon as we can. I hope we can prove to you that it is worth retaining the services of Dragonstar.

You will have our report soon.

Prophet, CEO Dragonstar Industries

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Darkstar R&D All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: