This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 131
· Members: 0
· Total: 131

Spaceempires.net :: Starting Opitions and Tactical Combat :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Starting Opitions and Tactical Combat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Star Trek Mod
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nabobalis
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:24 am    Post subject: Starting Opitions and Tactical Combat Reply with quote

Hello,

Been playing the mod and I'm really enjoying it. Very Good Job Cool

But I was reading "Before You Play" readme and I saw a few things I wanted to be expanded if anyone can.

Is remote mining really that important? As my current game I'm easily producing 30K+ of resources per turn. So Should I play on finite resources to make remote mining valuable? Or would It hurt the AI badly?

Also, any suggestions on the best map to generate for a game?

Would playing on hard AI make a difference to playing on medium? And should I add empires with 5K racial points or let the computer generate them?

Thanks for you help!

Very Happy Very Happy

Alikiwi
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remote mining can get important later on. When you have hundreds of ships, the maintenance cost skyrockets and it can be a big help when your busy fighting, and not able to colonise enough.

I believe however that the AI does not understand the need for remote mining. It probably comes into play more when playing against 'Huumans' (As Qwok would say...)

Any map will do, one usually develops likes and dislikes in that area. AI on hard will obviously be harder than medium. As for generating the AI players yourself, verses letting the computer pick them makes no difference apart from maybe the appeal of choosing what shipsets and races you will be looking at.

5,000 race pts. is high, should make it interesting...

Venturing into the unknown

Nabobalis
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. But I forgot to mention about tactical combat Razz

Should ships under AI control just move to the bottom corners of the map every time?

Alikiwi
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I never saw that you replied! No, the AI ships should not move to the bottom of the screen in battle! Unless they happen to be unarmed ships, then they will run to the corners. What races are doing that? I am in a PBW Star Trek game and as far as I knowthey don't behave like that.

I have also played it against AI only and never come across that.

Venturing into the unknown

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Star Trek Mod All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: