This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 56
· Members: 0
· Total: 56

Spaceempires.net :: Piqued my curiosity... :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Piqued my curiosity...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> PBCIV Signups
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black_Knyght
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 6:04 am    Post subject: Piqued my curiosity... Reply with quote

I've heard a great deal about this, and having read it I'm interested in throwing my hat into the arena.

How does one do this?

Last edited by Black_Knyght on Sat May 23, 2009 6:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Alikiwi
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask and ye shall be told! Oh, you did. Well Darkstar is vacant at this time, covering two systems, so small. With Egoria on the front line and enemy ships trying to bust through, it should be interesting, and is. Yemil is next door and safe but wanting more development.

I'm not sure about Dkarnes lot, he may be coming back? His is a massive House though!

Venturing into the unknown

Prophet
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Piqued my curiosity... Reply with quote

Black_Knyght wrote:
How does one do this?

Welcome aboard!

First, if you haven't already done it then get the files. You can find them in the first post under Here's what you need to be able to play Play-By-Committee IV. Open up the latest savegame and look around. Most things are labeled with the owning-faction's name. Currently, "Darkstar" is a definite opening.

I've also posted a quick overview under the same topic, in this post: http://home.spaceempires.net/ftopicp-23540.html#23540

The first question you must answer is, do you want to play a Military Commander or a System Lord?
Military Commanders can control any number of warships, but never any colonies.
System Lords can control any number of colonies, but only 4 warships.

If you wanna be a System Lord, your best bet is to take over an open slot. "Darkstar" is available with quite a bit of activity in the area. There might be another position open, but it is unconfirmed.

If you wanna be a Military Commander, starting from scratch is relatively easy. You just have to choose a profession. Navy commander, or private Mercenary? They are both pretty straightforward.

I am sure if you post your answers here then the right people will respond and get you setup.

Prophet, CEO Dragonstar Industries

dumbluck
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is the third option, which is what I do. I own no colonies, or ships, but I do own a financial services company named Fortuitous Investments, Incorporated. I trade on the markets, offer shares of a mutual fund for purchase (currently all owned by CW). I also offer other financial services (including resource conversion loans). And I recently leased a planet in the core in order to have increased (and more balanced) resource storage available.

I am really just a bit player now, but it's not a bad way to get your feet wet if you really don't know what you want to do. And once you've made some money, you can buy a ship and become a merc, or you could possibly buy a colony ship and start your own House. (however, I'd suggest taking over an open SL slot over that option).

dumbluck
CEO, Fortuitous Investments, Inc.
Author: The Belanai Story

Black_Knyght
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay - I'd like to try my hand as a System Lord, and Darkstar certainly sounds like an appropriate start.

Now, as far as the requirements:

I downloaded the required mod, have the latest imagemods, and downloaded the Savegame24146.zip and 24139_Data.zip files.

I still need a login and password for the PBC Resource Exchange and Budget Server.

Have I left anything out, or still need anything here?

Prophet
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black_Knyght wrote:
Okay - I'd like to try my hand as a System Lord, and Darkstar certainly sounds like an appropriate start.

Now, as far as the requirements:

I downloaded the required mod, have the latest imagemods, and downloaded the Savegame24146.zip and 24139_Data.zip files.

I still need a login and password for the PBC Resource Exchange and Budget Server.

Have I left anything out, or still need anything here?

Good to hear! Darkstar is small but on the border. You should have plenty of opportunities to get involved in the wars and expand your domain. You should also know that my merc forces are guarding your space. I look forward to working together.

I think at this point you need to speak with SuicideJunkie, if you guys haven't spoken already. He is the AdminGod. He'll set you up with the login/password for the Budget server. And more importantly, he needs to know you want to takeover Darkstar. Otherwise, he'll ignore the orders you try to give your colonies.

I think that is about it. After you get settled, you might want to make an announcement about your rise to power (with as much colorful roleplay as you wish). But that's just a suggestion. Also, don't be afraid to ask questions in the Technical Matters forum.

Prophet, CEO Dragonstar Industries

Black_Knyght
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then I will indeed do so.

What can anyone tell me about the previous System Lord?

Black_Knyght
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW - PM sent to SJ, now waiting for hi OK on the SL position... Laughing

Alikiwi
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed Er which one? Puke, or Crixon, or the one before? Not much to tell. Do your own thing! You can always ask for advice, we're pretty damn good at dishing it out Twisted Evil

Venturing into the unknown

Black_Knyght
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmm, I see then...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> PBCIV Signups All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: