This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 80
· Members: 0
· Total: 80

Spaceempires.net :: Beware the Bubonic! :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Beware the Bubonic!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Space Empires Nova Mod
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Qwazack
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Beware the Bubonic! Reply with quote

Just played the balance mod after finding my SE5 CD after a year, fantastic, vastly better, the AI actually interacts! Thanks a million. But to the point.

I have played the civilization series, and in the recent games of the series and enjoyed the plague. Since I have attempted no modding at SE5, just figured I'd suggest it here for both plausibility and implementation.

Either having it occur from use of viral weapons on planets or natural (event), a plague starts and due to migration, spreads throughout your empire and friendly empire with whom you either have migration or trade treaties. To prevent spread you would quarantine the planet which would cease all resources and migration to/from the planet. Population would grow angry faster than if you just let the plague go.

Besides that I would wonder if it could be made that fighting plague is chance, if your level of cure is equal to or greater than the plague level you have a ninety something percent chance of curing it, and less if below, but always a chance.

And if this could work and accepted, it would be best I think to have it as an option for plague spread.

Another random thing rather than making new topic, Sphereworld (Dyson sphere). It is hot and what not, but only in numbers, I prefer the look of ring worlds (plus it is always fun to pretend you are fighting the Flood...), but always enjoy an overstocked pool of resources and population. Mostly, just wondering if someone could make the sphereworld be an upgraded ringworld (maybe two rings going around two axis), but blah, aesthetics.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Space Empires Nova Mod All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: