This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 181
· Members: 0
· Total: 181

Spaceempires.net :: BSG Mod 4.3 Bug List Post here :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

BSG Mod 4.3 Bug List Post here
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Battlestar Galactica
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isopsyco

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: BSG Mod 4.3 Bug List Post here Reply with quote

BSG Mod 4.3 bug list, start the process again! I fixed several component issues caught in the last one, most notably the AI system for the fighters. Some added features as you'll see.

Biggest problem I have not solved: Some ships will not show up on the viewer (either combat of system), the only way I solved this was to manually create each empire then set to AI controlled. I included some AI created Empires so you don't have to go through the tedious process.

I know about the asteroids forming after you demolition the stations, can't do anything about it, at least there small and have no value so little advantage gained.

FRAK FRACKING FRAK...universal adjectives lowers your vocabulary...

Last edited by isopsyco on Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

isopsyco

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caught my own bug: creating a special station type one can continue to create stations one right on top of the other.

Working on a script fix to stop building multiple stations in the same sector, possibly limit the total per system to less than 13 (one per possible empire if they wanted to create).

So to not experience this bug, don't continue to build the special starbase type!

isopsyco

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, fixed the station build bug, it generates a message telling you can't build within proximity of another planet or special station. Decided against putting a limit on the number, if you have the resources to build them, then whats to stop you?

Anyone that want's the patch you can find it here:------------------removed-------------------------

Current BSG version is 4.3.1 with the above fix.

All files are available in the download section!

isopsyco

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: AI an FTL Reply with quote

OK, found a stray post in the AI section, thought I would annotate it so I can keep track and others can see it posted.

The AI is still having some difficulty at early time using the FTL/WPs, will address this and get a better solution so the AI can expand just as fast as a player.

Have several options to look at, also thought of adding a separate ship class : scout to only explore and recon systems.

isopsyco

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, for the error about the 13th Tribe not loading pictures and stuff, please just delete the 13_Tribe empire directory in the mod, its to a pre-release of another BSG shipset that I'm not quite done testing.

isopsyco

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the AI using the FTL correctly now, early in the game they would run out of movement point before getting to the jump point Smile All fixed.

jocan2003

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job on AI fix, when is it going to be releeased?

i get a CTD when i try to select a fighter after i gave the carrier order to pick them up in tactical fight. Access violation or invalid floating point error.

( Not sure if its bug or feature but on fighter class the cloak armor have HUGE armor value like 200-300 point if i remeber not sure i didnt use it i think its cheating XD )

( Not sure if its mod or problem with game but in tactical fight de-setting auto-move and auto-target the carrier still launch fighter i can give the carrier a drop troop order when trying to send fighter planetside but all fighter launch on the time the carrier get there. Also if i try to pick fighter up ( the Launch fighter management screen show no fighter in the space and all back in cargo even if they are still outside ) and then give the carrier the drop troop command they will go in ground fight but with no ordnance nor supplies basicly they are screwed, lost 45 fighter than way they were sitting ducks XD)

Still have empire disapearing bug. In one of my game there is an empire 9 Ly away of my system and i had them in my empire view for about 10 turn then after they disapeared. I play turn base not simultanous. Each time the turn is being processed (Black screen and progress bar ) we rediscovered them and after processing we loose contact when i get back to my main view

I know i seem to give lot of maybe useless information but sometime an information that seem useless to somone may be the clue to fix a problem Very Happy

Keep it up buddy and good job again Very Happy.

It may no go there but i found some balance issue

Research Facility.
The smaller sized facility give more than normal one.
I.E.: 1k facility give 250 total research and 10x.1k will give 350 while keeping the same maintenance price either increase maintnance price or remove the 1k fac. Same goes for every smaller sized facility.

Carrier can have monstruous amount of fighter in bay even at low level. One of my liight carrier had 163 light fighter and still had about 40% free space left... Hull and fighter were tech 5. The game dont exist anymore but i will try to reproduce it and send SS.

Have a good day.

**Edit** Some more bugs i found.

-Invisible ship are a pain ( pirate XD )
-Blowing up last planet of an empire make game freeze when finishing turn ( they dont surrender or something ) Happent 2 time.
-Salvage team have 50k structure point? Put that in a ship and your god like...
-Creating Military station if a diplo station is there make a debris storm?!
-Creating a new empire using contained athmosphere and station as planet type get you with a ghost planet with 0/0 population and if you try to open the production window you crash.

***Edit***
-Found that your Small ecm MKII need mecanical cylon but MK III they dont?
-Missile Scatter pack First level require tech 1 construction but Mk II and other dont need it?

Last edited by jocan2003 on Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:54 pm; edited 4 times in total

isopsyco

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the bug list. The fighter load/launch error seems to be SEV general, MM will have to work that since its in the engine and he hasn't released the source code for that yet Sad

The disappearing empire problem I mention: there are two issues one with the shipset - some ships are not visible and two with the empire diplomacy connection. The diplomacy is fixed, you have to establish special stations within their empire area to maintain contact otherwise you're the sporadic contacts your seeing.

I'll pass some of the major game play issues to MM, the ones that belong to me I'll start working, most I have fixed Smile Next release might be this weekend, depends how my pirate empire works and if I can get the 13th tribe fixed Smile

jocan2003

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, also i have edited my message didnt see your reply XD.

isopsyco

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes thanks, i've been working the bugs!

Got the station homeworld bug fixed, I forgot you can only have 4 planet types and I exceeded the limit, so you can't start with a station but you can still build them.

The components will continue to haunt me, I quickly edit them to work another issue and sometimes forget to return the original values! Getting them now...

The debris field most likely was an event that occurred if you didn't have any population on the station (assumes station falls apart if unmaintained - risk of building stations). I have the script check if their are other stations or planets in the same sector before building.

isopsyco

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally ran that disappearing shipset to ground! It was something silly but really difficult to spot and I did it by accident working on another shipset!

Has to do with which directory your shipset is in, the game empire directory is default for any shipset files! Not the same as the text data files!

jocan2003

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still waiting about the files my friends Very Happy

isopsyco

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried sending to your account and it sent back a denial notice. I'll try again, if not go I'll send you a link to you so you can download it.[/url]

whitewolfmxc

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont know why, but my asteroid colony component isnt working lol the ships jsut wont respond to the order to colonize it

jocan2003

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you first need to use the *stellar ability* create *planet* n the asteroid it will use the component and then you can colonise it.

jocan2003

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROFLMAO!

I dont think its right...

I was curious about how the AI was working so i started a new game and used the cheat to see all system and the omni cheat spent one turn and bam they had all planet in their system colonised with 0 pop!

whitewolfmxc

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so what happened to the old version of colonizing asteroids? it use to be just need the colonize module and you just click and colonize...

jocan2003

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To tell the truth i didnt really try thats what i think since its mostly based on the create planet stellar ability for the rest i dont know. I think there is some asteroid your cant do anything at all with them but not sure would be best to wait for iso to get us a insight.

isopsyco

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First you need to build a ship with the Asteroid Construction Assembly Module, place the ship inside the asteroid filed you want colonized. After a turn the asteroid is ready for the actual asteroid colony module the colony ship uses. Similar to the sphere world thing.

whitewolfmxc

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

argh ok, although i think the components should give that info in game XD

whitewolfmxc

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humm for 4.4, some buildings just give ridiculous bonuses compared to same kind of building, exp : a research facility (1000 k) only gives 900 research points, but a small research facility (100k) gives 450 research points! how does that balance things?

isopsyco

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really doesn't, unless I try to make up some reason why I was just throwing numbers down Smile Maybe you get better research in space (except then all the planet based ones would be station types).

Good catch, its things like that I miss (allot) Smile

jocan2003

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you check in devlopment the facility thing is now balanced. I overlook everything ( at my knowloedge ) wich needed a rebalance, from component to facility. It should be better now.

whitewolfmxc

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jocan2003 wrote:
If you check in devlopment the facility thing is now balanced. I overlook everything ( at my knowloedge ) wich needed a rebalance, from component to facility. It should be better now.

so wheres the fixes? still in development? cause right now 4.4 still has those bugs i speak of for smaller facilities having more use than large ones

jocan2003

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My file are fixed, im waiting for isopsycho to send me a link where i can give him the new file, but since he dont want msn, seek where and how ill send it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Battlestar Galactica All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: