This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 82
· Members: 0
· Total: 82

Spaceempires.net :: somthing i came up with regarding supplies :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

somthing i came up with regarding supplies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Space Empires Nova Mod
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zastaver
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:55 am    Post subject: somthing i came up with regarding supplies Reply with quote

OK wile i was playing SEV i was thinging of nova and got a idea. from what you have said about how supplies and how thay work is seems like there not realy supplies but ENERGY so heres my sugjesstion

Change supplies to energy to represent the outbut of the reacters an planitary "recharging" facilitys. and change ordance to Supplys to represent "Phisical stores of random crap" and also another idea based on this is low tech reactors consume supply to produce energy. meaning untell you got some reknewably/infinit reactors you couldent have a ship spend decades out in space befor resupply and rearm.

i personaly think that would add some nice polish to novas supply scheam

CaptainKwok
Balance Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the basics of the system in Nova:

Facilities:
- Supply Station generates supplies
- Ordnance Factory generates ordnance
- Resupply Depot remotely only distributes supplies/ordnance

Ships:
- Engines only use supply, faster engines use more supplies
- Reactors generate supply, better reactors generate more supply per turn
- If ship is relatively inactive, can get by without needing to resupply very often
- If ship is very active, then it will run out of supplies much faster

Units:
- No reactors, but only supply storage components

Space Empires Depot | SE:V Balance Mod

ekolis
Virtual Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zastaver, your idea sounds like something that Suicide Junkie came up with a while back Wink

If I recall correctly, doing it correctly would require scripting, because using only abilities would cause free supplies (energy) to be generated even when a ship is out of ordnance (fuel)! (There's no way to limit an ability based on the amount of ordnance you have left.)

But I think it would be possible to script in - just that no one ever bothered to do it yet Wink

That's no space station - it's a spreadsheet!

Strife40k
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about some higher tech engines that are more efficient. They are fairly fast but use less supplies than their lower tech counterpart.

TheThirdEye
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a branch in the propulsion tree. Faster engines vs More efficient engines.
Perhaps having them interact? Getting more tech in the efficient ones makes the faster ones a little more efficient too, and vice versa.

That would be Really Cool. I think more techs should be interactive in this fashion, but I'm not sure how well the formulas work for it.

ekolis
Virtual Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heber Magalhaes' Proportions Mod has a "high performance engine mount" which reduces the size of an engine but increases its cost and fuel consumption, and an "efficient engine mount" which does the opposite, and has no hull-based engine limits. So all engines generate equal thrust, since that can't be affected by mounts, but you can cram more high-performance engines into the same space without giving up weapons, armor, etc. getting a faster ship, whereas with efficient engines you'd have to give something up - either engines (making your ship slower) or something else (making it less powerful).

That's no space station - it's a spreadsheet!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Space Empires Nova Mod All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: