This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 190
· Members: 0
· Total: 190

Spaceempires.net :: Attention Re: Obotron :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Attention Re: Obotron

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> D'narlom Society
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prophet
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Attention Re: Obotron Reply with quote

As you may or may not be aware, the situation in Obotron is slowly deteriorating. Casualties are mounting at the warp point. Dead and wounded are far more than we expected.

But I want you to know that I am aware of the situation and plans are underway to reinforce the system. The retrofits at Obotron IX are nearly completed. Two more frigates in neighboring Astral have been re-activated. And new destroyers will be coming off the assembly lines in Obotron and Pembrook. With a little luck, these forces will be in place in time.

I am also considering deployment of DD Squad Four (under construction in Xtreme) to Obotron instead of Synth. The latter system has been unusually quiet, while Obotron has seen plenty of action. I am also concerned about the lack of other military forces near Obotron. If Squad One fails, no one is nearby to respond. Unless I deploy Squad Four there.

I'll make the decision in two months, when construction is completed and the ships are handed over to Dragonstar. You are more than welcome to voice your opinion on the matter.

Again, I am monitoring the situation in Obotron. More ships are on their way.

Prophet, CEO Dragonstar Industries

Kana
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have half a divison of Patrol ships in Obotron, headed to the WP, with the other half in route from Cephedrii.

So you will have available 4 Naval patrol ships to help shore up the WP defenses. I could pull the division from Egoria as well if you deem it necessary.

FSL Kana/CNO F.W.S.N/FNS Brawler (PBC IV)

Alikiwi
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to let you know, I rather think Kana you could take those 5 ships from Egoria without any problem. Obotron may face a large fleet which as I recall was 2 systems away, though I don't recall if we knew which way it was travelling.

Venturing into the unknown

Prophet
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kana wrote:
I have half a divison of Patrol ships in Obotron, headed to the WP, with the other half in route from Cephedrii.

So you will have available 4 Naval patrol ships to help shore up the WP defenses. I could pull the division from Egoria as well if you deem it necessary.

With all due respect First Space Lord, if I required Navy assistance I would have notified you. This message is directed to System Lord Dkanre, whom I am contractually obligated to. And I wanted to keep him apprised of the situation. While I will certainly accept cooperation with 4 Naval patrol ships, I do not see a reason to pull assets from the west. Not yet at least. We may be hurt, but Dragonstar is still in control of the situation.

Though since you are here, I will ask that you keep in mind the activity in Obotron when planning Federation-wide defense strategy. There may not be a raging conflict in this area. But we are seeing advanced carriers attempting to penetrate our space, from both the Norak and Phong.

SL Alikiwi wrote:
Obotron may face a large fleet which as I recall was 2 systems away...

A fleet which I seem to recall was not heading for Obotron. From my scout reports, it looks like the Phong are fighting along another front somewhere in uncharted space. Possibly against the Space Vikings. No, if an attack comes my experts suspect it will be from the Norak. With no offensive underway against them and little-to-no intelligence, it is possibly they are amassing forces for an attack and we do not know it. But that is mere speculation.

Prophet, CEO Dragonstar Industries

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> D'narlom Society All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: