This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 192
· Members: 0
· Total: 192

Spaceempires.net :: Version 1.1 - Stuff to fix :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Version 1.1 - Stuff to fix

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> SEV Proportions Mod
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heber_Magalhaes

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Version 1.1 - Stuff to fix Reply with quote

I think it would be better if we keep it organized. Please post all 1.1 bug reports in this thread. It will be easier to keep track of whats fixed and whats not.

Heber_Magalhaes

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regular drone hulls had an absurd movement bonus. I accidently set the same value to the defensive bonus and the movement bonus (50 movement bonus is a bit too high...). It is already fixed.

In an attempt to balance them, I also took the "Can use warp points" atribute back. It will be necessary for a drone carrier to take them from system to system.

Khizlek
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this was changed in 1.0: The Arcopolis (urban tech) is 8000kt and only provides a 400% (6000kt Megapolis provides 350%), when all other facilities have an extra 50% per additional 1000kt (as shown by the world facility being 10000kt in size and providing 500%).

EDIT: Could we have sensor drones? They could pass through wormholes though no weapons could be held.

Heber_Magalhaes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will look into it. Perhaps Ive mistaken the proportions Smile

Sensor drones couldnt be accomplished without creating another separate unit type. I think I will keep them as "no warp point". One would have to use a drone ship to take them from system to system. They could scout the system from there. In fact, half a dozen sensor drones could explore a system in one or two turns.

ShiffDrgnhrt
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I'm sort new around here, but just looking at this mod (which I really think is great for those of you with other humans to play against) and it really has NO new AI for the Computer PLayers, and for me, that just kills this... I don't know anyone that plays this game and I have been looking for a Mod that makes the game much more difficult when playing the computer and haven't found anything yet. Are there plans to update the games AI to account for everything you've done with this Mod or no? And if not, do you know of any mods that make the Computer more difficult (and perhaps actually make use of a wider range of technologies)?

Heber_Magalhaes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are dozens of mods around here on SEnet. If you like playing against the AI, Balance Mod or Unnamed AI should do. Search on the "downloads" section.

Writing AI for Proportions is not on my plans. After playing against humans, I can never return to a game against the AI. You can find open multiplayer games on www.sepbw.nightscapecreations.com

ForesterSOF
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.spaceempires.net
http://spaceempires5.com
http://sepbw.nightscapecreations.com/home.cfm

Ender
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder whether v1.1 is compatible with SE5 1.77? For some reason it hangs for me at the end of player placement - I tried it 3x with different setups, with and without AIs.

BTW, I hope you will consider, with time, to add working AIs to the mod. Why, if I never play against AIs (unless for testing purposes)? The reason is simple: careful usage of ministers can help with micromanagement a lot - it's a great issue in the medium/late game.

Heber_Magalhaes

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 1.1 should be compatible with SE5 1.77, but Im having the same problem. Im yet to find the problem.

I would like to mod the AI, but it is not in my short term plans.

Ender
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is already found and solved by Kwok. Look here

Heber_Magalhaes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changing the values in planetsizes.txt would force me to rework the entire mod... There must be some other way around it.

rnl
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi could you use a facility that would adjust the value to the want value. Just make in cheap and limit it, you make need to lower all effected value by the same percent as the one that really needs it. It would be easy then adjusting you whole mod, I think...

Rnl

BlessedWrath
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a potential typo in Tachyon Projection Weapons.

The Requirement 1 line reads "Get_Empire_Tech_Level("Tachyon Sensors") >= (1 + ([%Level%] - 1)) when (to my knowledge) it should read "Get_Empire_Tech_Level("Tachyon Sensors") >= 1"

I found this while trying to map out the tech tree in the SEV Editor, searched until I found the source of the error, and modified the entry. The tech tree now loads fine.

"The fastest path to defiance is the demand for obedience." ~Champion Blessed Wrath, Guardian Ministries

Heber_Magalhaes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for reporting it. I will correct it for the almost ready next version.

TheThirdEye
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC Drones CAN'T be recovered by carriers. That being the case, once launched in a system they are stuck there until death.

I think it is possible to change that about drones, but then what is the difference between them and fighters?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> SEV Proportions Mod All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: