This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 66
· Members: 0
· Total: 66

Spaceempires.net :: DN5- AI :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

DN5- AI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Dark Nova Mod
View previous topic :: View next topic  
exelsiar
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: DN5- AI Reply with quote

Not rushing for the creation of a compatible AI, i'm quite happy with the current one, they work well enough to fight amongst each other once ive given them frigate tech ^_^

what im wondering is when do you plan to work atleast basic ai into the cake mix?

an everpatient exelsiar ^_^

Grand Lord Exelsiar of the Azra-Dun Commonwealth, at your service

bearclaw

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's a very good question. One of my beta testers said he wanted/was willing to develope AI scripts but I haven't heard from him on that in a while... Time to dig out the cattle prod!

Failing that, I've got it on my work list to deal with the AI after I've got the specialization per ship size complete. Right now I'm working on 5.04 which will finish off cross-over techs and enhanced techs as well as the bugs that have been found.

5.05 will be ship speialization techs
5.06 will contain AI scripts.

Nick (bearclaw)

"You don't know the Power of the Dark Side. I must obey my Master"

exelsiar
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahh definatly a nice to hear answer Very Happy looking forward to each patch ^_^

exelsiar
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

had a brain wave and a half a while ago, and have been toying with it since... use Unnameds AI as a temporary stop over... so far it seems to be working well... i plan to start a new game and test that in a lill bit and see how it handles from there. so far it appears to handle being introduced into a 300 turn old game quite well... tho all the ai's went straight from indifference to amiable+ ...

bearclaw

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it works!
Let me know how the testing works.

Nick (bearclaw)

"You don't know the Power of the Dark Side. I must obey my Master"

Astorax
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But wouldn't you have to change all the AI research tables to incorporate your changed tech tree? I can't see it just working without atleast changing that but hey, what do I know, lol.

exelsiar
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearclaw; oh aye it works, not amazingly, but a stop over for anyone already playing it single player, it can actually research armour! haha, still cant do anything with ships other than build lvl 1 colony ships untill its fed some kind of frigate tech, but once thats been done watch it go! (ps i've changed the DN5 data files to show planets and warp points straight away). there is a bug in where the ministers are scrap a facility each turn, i never got around to working out which one's worked together to make that problem.. tho when i first reported it to unnamed (ages ago), he sent me a minor fix... which has since been lost >_<

astorax; oh definatly, but currently DN5 is using stock AI, unnamed's AI is build for stock tech and components and what not, plus it works better on that front.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Dark Nova Mod All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: