This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 148
· Members: 0
· Total: 148

Spaceempires.net :: Data File Folders? :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Data File Folders?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Star Trek Mod
View previous topic :: View next topic  
john_stamos64
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Data File Folders? Reply with quote

I was thinking about adjusting some of the data files in AST 2.1 to more closely suit my interests, but the data folder appears different than in other mods. Specifically, within the data folder there is a folder called "New Folder". Within this folder there are files with names that suggest they control Intel and Sabotage for the various races. Also their are two folders named "New Folder" and "New Folder (2)" within the original "New Folder" folder. There are various files in these folders.

Is there any purpose to this file structure? Did I install the Mod incorrectly? Thanks for your help.

Atrocities
Shipyard Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just delete the new folder. It is a left over of my work product.

I will update the download to remove it. Thanks for posting about it. However if you want to keep it that is fine, it has no effect on the mod at all but you might gleam some useful info from how I kinda sorta did things.

As for modifying the data files, just make a back up of the DATA folder and edit away. Smile

The nice thing about the way the AST mod has been set up is that it lends itself well to modding. You can adjust things for one race without affecting other races. Most covenant

Where we're going we won't need roads.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Star Trek Mod All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: