This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 143
· Members: 0
· Total: 143

Spaceempires.net :: AST 2.0 :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

AST 2.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Star Trek Mod
View previous topic :: View next topic  
john_stamos64
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: AST 2.0 Reply with quote

Very excited about the new release. Will let you know of any issues. Thanks a lot.

Atrocities
Shipyard Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. AST 2.0 took over six months to make and I had to make a ton of new component images for it. David Gervais also helped to make the new victory and loss images as well as the intro screen. The mod is uniquely different from STM in that each race has its on tech tree so that players and modders can give each race more or less tech without affecting the other races tech trees.

Also each of the 28 neutral races have their own racial traits so players can give them special race specific technology if they so desire.

And the mod is set up so that some races won't expand to other planets like primitive races while others will colonize their star systems.

The mod only has eight major races and is set up to use only those eight. So no matter what happens you as a player won't be feel so crowded on the map any more. Much like in BOTF.

Also each race has its own unique advantage / disadvantages. Of course these are mild to begin with, but as the mod progress and I get feed back, I hope to make them more specialized for each race.

Where we're going we won't need roads.

john_stamos64
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed a minor problem with the Bird of Prey and Defiant Weapons mounts. They do not reduce the size of the weapons enough to actually place them on a ship. If you would like to keep these mounts, you need to make the size reduction greater for these mounts.

Will post my overall impressions once I've played a complete game. Thanks again.

Atrocities
Shipyard Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. Please, any bugs, problems, feed back good or bad is welcome.

Black_Knyght
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just started a new game with ti, and looks great so far.

Damn fine work, and I can't wait to see the Star Wars Mod you're working on.

john_stamos64
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've run into another problem with mounts. Specifically the ancient technologies power mount and range mounts. These mounts don't reduce the size of the weapons, and given that guns and torpedos are 1000 kt, the mounts are not very useful.

Varek_Raith
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work. I noticed an oddity with the satellite mount, it does more damage than a weapon platform mount. Now was this your intention to reduce the effectiveness of platforms, or just a typo?

"Understanding is a three edged sword. Your side, their side, and the truth" -Kosh

Atrocities
Shipyard Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will have to check. I seem to recall I wanted satellites to be kinda powerful. But it was so long ago that I set them up I just don't recall.

boromeo
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started a game with everything under computer control except for research , the ships won't move at all and i am at turn 36 and the ai stopped building too . what's wrong ? i'm playin as the romulans

Atrocities
Shipyard Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was the racial point settings? 0, 2k, 3k, or 5k? Did you set up the empires or just allow the computer to generate the empires for you? Are they major empires, like Klingons, Federations, etc, or minor empires like Bajoran, Talosan, etc? Some empires are planet only and will not colonize, they are considered primitive races.

I would really like to see your save game file. Can you post the sav. game file or email it too me at atrocities@gmail.com

Thank you.

Fulgrymm
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another minor issue with mounts, there aren't any shield mounts for Outpost size stations.

boromeo
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Savegame sent

Atrocities
Shipyard Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked the other races, they are all expanding fine. There is no problem that I can see. As for your game, if you have the AI controlling it you also need to turn on the ship ministers. Without them the AI cannot control your ships. Your ships have ministers and when I processed the turn they all moved say for the colony ships. Which do not have any colony module. The updated version does but the AI hasn't built any of those. I would recommend that you scrap the two current colony ships you have. After scrapping the two colony ships, the very next turn a new colony ship was built and sent on its way by the AI. I will run a test game to see if I can get the ai to design a colony ship without a colony component. Thanks for the bug report.

I will also address the shield / base issue. Thanks.

Atrocities
Shipyard Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will check the mount and fix those reported bugs. Thank you guys. Also please let me know if you see any ship designs with a name followed by a box. I think when there is a spacing issue after a ship or system name the game puts a box behind the name because it cannot reconcile the space as an empty character.

Atrocities
Shipyard Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick Start games have a bug that is not related to the mod. It hasn't come up in a great long time so it slipped my memory.

The following information is included in the installation text file.

Quote:
QUICK START DEFAULT DESIGN BUG.

Here is the method for over coming the Quick Start default design bug. While this appears to be a bug with SE IV, and not the mod, we are still trying to find a way cope with it. In the mean time here is a revised method that will help human players over come the design bug.

In order to have the Design Minister design ships that have all of the required components do this:

1. Once the game is loaded make all of the designs obsolete
2. Activate the Design Minister
3. Process the turn.

The minister will design correct designs for the next turn. This method worked for both minor and Major races including the Federation.

What I have fixed so far.

Quote:

Version 1.1 -
1. Fixed Sheliak now have correct colony tech
2. Changed Slipstream Drive (Ancient Artifact) now requires Warp Technology level 10.
3. Fixed Defiant mount will now scale Pulse Phasers correctly
4. Fixed BOP Mount will now scale secondary weapon correctly
5. Fixed Outpost now has access to shield mounts
6. Fixed Range Mount (Ancient Artifacts) Will now scale weapons correctly
7. Fixed Weapon Power Mount (Ancient Artifacts) Will now scale weapons correctly
8. Fixed Weapon Platform mounts now do more damage than satellite mounts
9. Fixed Neutral Races now have access to correct facilities

boromeo
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your help Atrocities , I'll scrap those 2 colony ships and tell you if it fixes the problem.. Smile

and as far as the ministers are concerned i had everything under cpu control except for research

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Star Trek Mod All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: