This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:47 pm Post subject: Hemlock Accords - Fractal Function , Tesco
To the Fractal Function
Greetings. We would like to open the inintial discussion of the division of hemlock. We are located in Enoki And it is claimed by us. As Hemlock is a divison between our empires it should be shared equally. We hope that this will help create a friendly relationship with us. We must also warn you about a race called the Minion Clan. They will attack your unarmed ships and destroy all abord. The Tesco Amalgamation look forward to a peaceful existance with the Fractal Function
Tesco Amalgamation, we welcome contact with sentient biengs after the eras of absence. We are a peaceful race, and hope you are the same. We accept your warning of the Minion Clan, though take it with caution having no knowledge of your motives. Be warned, we are wary of all coporal beings, and though our history has examples of those who may be trusted, it has more of those who cannot.
We take your offer of negotiation for the system of Hemlock as a gesture of good will. Our proposed terms are as follow.
1) We both have colony ships in system, and Hemlock IV seems to be the destination of both. We propose whoever gets there first maintains control of this planet.
2) As Hemlock IV is the only breathable atmosphere in the system, the owner of this planet forfeit rights to the rest of rock planets in the system.
3) The disposition of non rock planets be decided at a later date.
4) Hemlock is of stategic signifigance to our race. We are willing to share custody, and recognize as per your warning that foes rove the star lanes. All military trafic should be announced and long term stationing agreed apon.
5) That trade relations be established at the earliest convienience.
We have reviewed your deicisions and wish to answer each one.
1) A fair deal.
2) Not agreed to. We wish to equally spilt up all planets rock and non rock as equal as possible based on the number of planets and moons. We can adjust them to equal out. But we would like to have equal claim in this system.
3) To be decided now. And writen in this accord that is created.
4) Perhaps mutual defence of system on the two warp points that enter the system. YOu defend yours I defend mine. As for the rest of the system. We can keep military ships out. And base all planet defences on Unit based defences. No armed ships in the system unless agreed to in writting 2 cycles before. Back to top
Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:33 pm Post subject:
While we are open to discussion on the matter, recent exploration has reveiled to us that there is no apparent reason to share Hemlock.
Your declaration of ownership of the Enoki and Hemlock at the beginning of negotiations was based on no colonial holdings or military presence. The unilateral claim on both systems is rejected by us. We lay claim to the entire Gemadar Arm, and our claim is supported by established colonies.
We, however, in an effort to continue freidly relations, propose the following.
1) We will recognize your sole ownership of Enoki for reciprical recognitoon of our sole ownership of Hemlock.
2) Set the border of our empire at the Enoki/Hemlock warp point.
3) In a gesture of good will we allow the you to maintain the colony on Hemlock VIIA as an embassy world. However, nothing but defensive weapons platforms and satillites may be kept there.
Our primary concern with the orignial terms is that we require a system buffer between our home system and you empire. The above terms will give us both this strategic security. We will not back down on this requirement.
Hemlock will be shared as we laid claim at the same time.
Enoki is ours. We use it as a transit system. It is scheduled to be colonized over the next 3 cycles.
The Border is Hemlock.
We wish to begin trading.
And are willing to work out the division of this system.
I recommend we do not colonize any additonal planets in hemlock until we have determined its setup. Back to top
Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:33 pm Post subject:
Your position grows more arrogant.
If you can claim Enoki for no other reason than because you transit through it and we are supposed to consider this a legitimate arguement, then the same holds true for our position on Hemlock.
Hemlock is in our direct shere of influence. Simply because you follow a pattern of naked expansionism, skipping Enoki all together in a hope of setting your borders as far from your homesystem as possible, does not mean we are in any way obligated to recognize it.
Our terms are generous, and remain the same.
We will refrane from further colonization untill you recognize the wisdom of our proposal. Back to top
That is well and good, but as you claim Enoki as yours due to nothing but transit rights, Hemlock is ours because of the same arguement. We agreed to the presence of warships being prohibited in the system, which Rock+ 005 is clearly not.
There is no need for you to worry about the realms beyond Hemlock, they are all colonized Fractal territory. Unarmed exploration vessels are welcome however.
The Hemlock Enoki warp point is the border between our empires. We will refrain from colonization untill you realize this fact. We do not wish to provoke you, and will excersice patience as you realize this reality. Back to top
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You cannot download files in this forum
All logos and trademarks used on this site, all comments and stories posted for reading, all files hosted for download, and all art work hosted for viewing are property of their respective owners; all the rest copyright 2003-2010 Nolan Kelly.
Syndicate news: - Syndicate forums:
Page Generation: 0.17 Seconds