This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 142
· Members: 0
· Total: 142

Spaceempires.net :: If figured out what was causing the Crew Bug. :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

If figured out what was causing the Crew Bug.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Star Trek Mod
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Atrocities
Shipyard Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:57 am    Post subject: If figured out what was causing the Crew Bug. Reply with quote

It would seem that since I set up remote mining components to use crew quarters that after remote mining is researched the AI switches its preference to wanting to use the crew component ability used by remote mining components. Since those components are 100kt the AI wasn't able to add them to the designs.

Now how do I make regular crew quarter components more valuable to the AI than the remote mining one?

Where we're going we won't need roads.

Atrocities
Shipyard Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just went ahead and removed the crew quarter ability from remote mining and made the remote mining ships as worthless as I could for use as weapons platforms. I also set in a new tech so that they are not gained so quickly.

The latest STM update is coming alone nicely.

I am still trying to work out why the Klingon AI won't add armor to any of its ships. So far its been a puzzling problem.

I think I have found a good construction vehicle mix and might even have the AI building Intel facilities and using intel. At least in one of my test games the Federation was using Intel against the Romulans. So we will have to see.

I also simplified the design creation files for each race. I removed all of the designs that the AI would never build and made sure that satellite layers were in each file. Now I wonder if the AI will build fleets of satellite layers like it used to. Sad

I am updating the Tech Tree Document right now. Once I am done with that I am going to go to bed. I have done more work on this mod in the last three days than I have in the last six months.

Schattenkanzler
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But for your work we love you and yer mod

Fyron
Galactic Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look in the AI Modding FAQ section, you will see that the solution to the problem is not hard: make the real CQ component require more tech levels (even redundant entries of the same tech) than the remote mining comp. For valueless abilities, the AI chooses the one that has the highest number of tech level reqs. You just need to understand how the AI decision making processes work. Smile

If you want to see a working example, just look at Adamant's crew quarters. There are 3 types, and the AI only uses one, due to the tech level spoofing. The AI will always use the Luxurious Crew Quarters because it has 30 levels of dummy tech requirements (the Fundamental Physics tech). The Psionic version is automatically preferred when available because it has 31 tech level reqs.

If you post the component, techarea, and klingon ship design files, we could take a look and offer a solution..

Smarter than your average Texrak.

Atrocities
Shipyard Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for that information and help. Smile

I will post those files. Smile

Atrocities
Shipyard Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will post the files later, right now I am just too sick to focus on it. Sad Damn flue like bug hit me over the last couple of hours. Man I feel like I have one of those Alien things in my gut..... very nasty critters! I just hope that it doesn't decide to burst out of my chest.... that would be very bad.

boromeo
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you will feel better very soon .. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Star Trek Mod All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: