This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 143
· Members: 0
· Total: 143

Spaceempires.net :: AST and STM update :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

AST and STM update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Star Trek Mod
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Atrocities
Shipyard Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: AST and STM update Reply with quote

I posted this at shrapnel as well.

Well the Intel file is done for AST 2.0. I have just finished making all the new organic components for 8472. I ran a 100 turn test on high tech and found some bugs.

The AI doesn't add crew quarters to designs. I really wish Aaron would put out one more patch that prevents the AI from ignoring restrictions. You would think that after 6 years he would have addressed this issue at some point.

I don't really have any faith in getting SJ to add the new components to the Image mod as he is more than likely too busy to fuse over adding images to a mod for a very dead game that hardly any one plays any more, so they will be included with the AST 2.0. I will also include an updated Comp.bmp file. This will of course increase the size of the download for the mod significantly so I might have to break it into two parts.

I could really use some AI help in figuring out why some of the AI's won't colonize. For some reason 8472 and the Ferengi like to stay in their home systems. They have designed working colony ships, but they don't seem to build any. Also a couple of the AI's like to build way to many orbital space yards. I would like to reduce that number but haven't been able to figure it out yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As far as monsters go, well I have the stuff in place but haven't put much time into it. They may not make it into this release version of AST 2.0.

The economic model for the mod hasn't been tweaked yet. So most everything is equal in cost. Help figuring out a good economic system I.E. cost for things, would be helpful too.

I guess what I am asking for is help and feed back once the mod is released. I hope to have it ready to go in about a week. I want to run some more tests and see if I can find any more bugs that I can fix before release.

Finally once I have the new Intel model working for STM I will release and up date for that mod as well. It will be a save game buster so consider yourselves forewarned.

Where we're going we won't need roads.

Atrocities
Shipyard Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what I might do, I might just release two updates for STM.

One with the INTEL fix version 1.9.7 - Save Game Buster

And version 1.9.6.4 - None Save Game Buster. This update could be applied to those who want to keep going with their current save game.

Here is the version history for 1.9.6.4

Quote:
Star Trek Mod v1.9.6.4

1. Changed Removed Espionage from all Research Files.
2. Changed Removed un-needed misspelled "battlecruser" image from Gorn file.

Star Trek Mod v1.9.6.3

1. Fixed Resource Stations will now use Resource Station images
2. Fixed Vehicle List Overrides should now be working
3. Fixed Assault is not correctly spelled throughout the component list
4. Fixed Large, Heavy, and Massive Reactor Mounts now include Phased Energy Cannons.
5. Changed EM Cannon I - V to Electromagnetic Cannon I - V
6. Changed ECM Weapons to EM Weapons in TechArea file
7. Change ECM Weapons to EM Weapons for Electromagnetic Cannon I - V
8. Changed Armor I - III Tonnage Space Taken from 10 to 5
9. Changed Armor I - III Tonnage Structure to 20/25/30
10. Changed Reflective Armor I - III Tonnage Space Taken from 10 to 5
11. Changed Scattering Armor I - III Tonnage Space Taken from 20 to 10
12. Changed All Race Armor's Tonnage Space Taken from 10 to 5
13. Added Organic Armor I - III for Race 8472
14. Added 8472 Armor to TechArea file
15. Added 8472 Armor to 8472 Research file
16. Updated Tech Tree
17. Fixed Description of Satellite Mount
18. Changed Added Comp Family Requirement to Satellite Mount.
19. Changed Increased Damage At Rng for Small Rocket Pods I - III to make them more useful
20. Changed Energy Weapons Tech Requirement from Beam Weapons 5 to Beam Weapons 1 (To promote better AI Designs)
21. Changed Reduce cost of Cargo Niche to 10/0/0.
22. Fixed Bio-reclamation Resource Storage I now stores correct amount
23. Changed Increased Component Repair amount for Repair Yard I - III components from (1,2,3) to (4/6/Cool
24. Changed Doubled the Component Repair amount for all Repair Yard Facilities. They are now 6/8/10
25. Changed Increased Slipstream Drive range from 4 to 20
26. Changed Increased Min/Rad cost of Slipstream Drive from 2000 to 4000
27. Changed Added 200kt worth of Supply Storage to Mine Layer I - III, Mine Sweeper I - V and Satellite Layer I - III
28. Changed Set all but one Neutral AI atmosphere type to Oxygen.
29. Changed Set most Neutral AI races to Rock world with a few to Ice. No more Gas Giants.
30. Fixed Some minor spelling errors.

Schattenkanzler
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked SJ already if I am allowed to continue his work....but I believe he doenst understood me right....

Atrocities
Shipyard Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a rather large list of AI bugs that I need to work through for STM.

I have forgotten who sent the list to me but its rather large and greatly detailed. I have worked through 75% of it and intend to finish going through it fixing what I can.

I noticed that the "doesn't add life support component" bug is also present in STM. This annoys the hell out of me as I cannot figure out why.

SE IV has a lot of unresolved major bugs in its code. Aaron is more than aware of these but since SE IV is now considered a "dead" game the chances for another update are more rare than triple time lottery winners.

Problems getting the AI to design ships correctly. To use ship hulls correctly, I.E. designing dreadnought mine sweepers but no attack ships. Thing like this this.

Some of these AI issues cannot be resolved and we will just have to live with them no matter how frustrating they are.

Atrocities
Shipyard Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schattenkanzler wrote:
I asked SJ already if I am allowed to continue his work....but I believe he doenst understood me right....

I have taken component slots 2305 on. I have added over 65 new components to the list. Its not that hard to update the mod, just takes a lot of time uploading and updating the web site I suspect.

Fyron
Galactic Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For SJ, updates go at the speed of LAN. His server is sitting in his house. Wink

"Some of these AI issues cannot be resolved and we will just have to live with them no matter how frustrating they are."

All of them are 110% resolvable. Just look at every other mod with properly functioning AI.

Smarter than your average Texrak.

Atrocities
Shipyard Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your bing sarcastic right? For everything that is done something else breaks. I have gone through all of the other mods looking for guidence in fixing these problems.

I have made hundreds of changes to the Vehicle Design files trying to get the AI to design ships better. But since the AI can ignore restrictions there isn't much I can do to correct the problems at hand.

Quote:

403) ship hull usage
Gorn do not design DDs despite having the tech
Tamarians use DD hulls for mine layers/-sweepers, but not for combat ships

No reason for this. I even removed mine sweepers from their d[quotesign list and they just start building other worthless ships.

Quote:
404) tech usage
Klingon's do not use armor on ships despite having "Armor-III"

They have it listed in their designs, but they don't add it. No reason not too.

Quote:
405) "Crew Quarters" missing on AI ships

No excuse for this one. It is a required component that the AI simple just doesn't add. Why? I cannot figure it out.

Quote:
406) AI has difficulties using Artifact Tech
407) Mine Sweeper (Fleets
408) AI builds way to many space yards and no ships.

These are just a few of the bugs that are keeping me up late at night trying to figure out. If you have ANY idea on how to over come them, then I would welcome the insight.

Frankly I am just sick and tired of working, reworking, and re-reworking that damn design file, and those construction files. It seems that there is just no way to know what the AI will do in any given instant. The construction files are a good example of that.

Atrocities
Shipyard Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STM Update

I have spent the last 8 hours trying to fix the no life support bug with no luck. No matter what configuration I use the AI simply will not follow the rules. So on high tech starts players are just going to have to live with the fact that the game (SE IV) is broken and the AI can pretty much design illegal designs all day long.

Schattenkanzler
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I xould read in this forum, it is a hardcoded bug.....

Atrocities
Shipyard Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will take it on again later. I will have to build the design ability by ability until I beat the problem.

I am going back to basics for the designs. One or two designs per race and let the AI sort out what it wants to build. 100kt to 1300kt hull one size design fits all. The AI can do the rest. I am tired of trying to get it to work across all three tech ranges. The designs are solid at 5k low tech starts, but filled with illegal designs on a high tech start. Too many bugs, both hard coded, and open ended.

If Aaron would just fix the problem of the AI ignoring restrictions then a lot of issues would be resolved.

john_stamos64
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anything I can do to help you? You understand AI issues far better than I, so I have no specific suggestions. I am not sure what would be helpful to you, but if there is anything that I could do to free up some of your time to speed up the overall process just let me know.

Fyron
Galactic Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atrocities wrote:
Your bing sarcastic right?

No, I am being completely serious. It is entirely possible to get the AI to work properly with your mod.

Quote:
But since the AI can ignore restrictions there isn't much I can do to correct the problems at hand.

Sure there is. All of those things you posted sound fixable to me. Can you post a copy of the latest data and AI files (sans images)?

Smarter than your average Texrak.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Star Trek Mod All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: