This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 181
· Members: 0
· Total: 181

Spaceempires.net :: Military Roster :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Military Roster
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> PBCIV Signups
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuicideJunkie
Leaky Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:10 am    Post subject: Military Roster Reply with quote

Kana, veteran military from the original PBC game will be joining us.

Despite having a grand total of 6 small warships and only a few assorted fighters to control at the moment, he is taking up the defense challenge.

Kana
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First Space Lord Kana reporting for duty. I'll be looking for Ship Captains for either Scouting, Colonizing, and general defense duties. These ship captains will control one ship up to whole squadrons and fleets. Please sign up here, and I will allocate ships, and resources as needed to those interested in defending the Federated Worlds.

Last edited by Kana on Sun May 20, 2007 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

kotau
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eying a kiosk cunningly designed to be both pleasing to the eye and inviting, a man aged midway into his life wrestles with concience and duty.
On the polished mosaic of the commerce center a mental schism was forming in his head, one side desperately wanting routine and predictability, one ready to fly. To make this choice was somewhat optional (What nation has not impressed soldiers from civilians at one time or another?) however the mere prescence of them near his brothers, his fellow man, infuriated him to the core.

A casual observer would see a high fair brow furrow with a momentary tic of anger, some unlucky vein coursing its depleted blood up into fine blond hair. His knuckles ran white on the pedi-walk bar as he looked down at the recruiting booth again, resolve igniting in his blue eyes.

A few personal phone calls were made, no one was suprised of his actions when he informed them of his choice. The elevator was silent in its four floor drop to the plaza, save for a holo of a space marine valiantly standing in front of a uninhabitable looking planet. Through the whole enlistment process he was calm, knowing it was the right choice to make.

He didnt even mind when they shaved his head.

ColonialAdmiral
Space Emperor

Location: On Giant dreadnaught preparing to glass phong homeworld...

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome then Captain Kotau. (Or whatever rank you are...)

Prophet
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello sir. I am seeking to build a life for myself outside this impoverished world I call home. This may be my ticket outta here. My family won't be happy about it, but it's my life. And I'll be damned if I waste it in some mine extracting minerals.

Sign me up! I cannot wait to see my first assignment.

JAFisher44
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do system lords maintain their own navies, or is the military entirely a joint affair?

Space Empires IV Code:
A Se GdY $+ Fr+ C Css Sf Ai Au+ M Mp* S+++ Ss- RPTN Pw Fq Nd Rp G+++ Mm+++ Bb++

Dkanre
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An excerpt from Naval Law
Quote:
Section 2.1b If the assets are Military-Grade ships, then the System Lord may only have 1 Division (4 ships). This includes the system flagship. If and when a System Lord controls more planets they will be entitled to more FNG assets. They will receive 1 more Division of ships for each group of 8 planets they own. For example at 16 planets they will be allowed 8 military-grade ships, at 24 planets, they will gain 12 total military-grade ships, and so on.

System Lord of the D'narlom Society

JAFisher44
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks

Space Empires IV Code:
A Se GdY $+ Fr+ C Css Sf Ai Au+ M Mp* S+++ Ss- RPTN Pw Fq Nd Rp G+++ Mm+++ Bb++

Aerosol
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Citizen Aerosol reports for duty. I have been contacted by First Space Lord Kana and am awaiting to receive my first assignment. I have my heart set on taking command of a combat ready frigate squadron in defense of our federation.

Lt. Cmmdr. (select) Aerosol

Kana
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again thank you for your commitment to the defense of the Federated Worlds.

FSL Kana/CNO F.W.S.N/FNS Brawler (PBC IV)

Astorax
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colonel Astorax reporting for duty, sir! It will be my honor to pledge my life and the life of my men to furthering the goals of this Federation. The rumors of past atrocities from the Canballah wars are just that, rumors. I would advise my fellow citizens to pay no heed.

Direct me, m'lords, for I shall not falter.

Colonel Astorax

Kana
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill set you up as soon as I get a chance. You will more than likely be in charge of either 1st Frigate Squadron, or 5th Frigate Squadron. I haven't decided yet.

Astorax
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should I just wait until the next turn is posted? I've loaded the savegame and found both mentioned squadrons but I don't have an avatar/decal or even know if I need one. Also, I think I need permissions to enter the orders forum.

Kana
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An Avatar will be made for you at the earliest opportunity. A flagship will be provided for you to pick up your avatar, and join your command. Currently I believe I'm going to give you command of the 5th Frigate squadron. I will be trying to beef up your command as new ships are aquired and built.

More than likely you will have control for turn 2408.0

Astorax
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do I get to design my own flagship or are they all standard?

kotau
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's completely under your control how your personal boat is made!

Welcome to the game, I'm in charge of 3rd frigate!

Play By Committee IV, Join us!, Political Map, updated 2416.2

Astorax
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet Cool

Oh, and thanks, its good to be here. Wish I would have caught the beginning though.

Kana
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently you will be given a standard flagship. After you have shown an effort and a dedication to playing, you will be given you own budget, and you own special flagship. We have already had at least one officer o AWOL, and I'm glad that we didn't provide him with a specialty flagship at the start.

SuicideJunkie
Leaky Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astorax wrote:
Should I just wait until the next turn is posted? I've loaded the savegame and found both mentioned squadrons but I don't have an avatar/decal or even know if I need one. Also, I think I need permissions to enter the orders forum.
As far as the avatar, please specify in your orders whether you want one made for free at the homeworld or if you will be arranging SY time on one of the frontier worlds.

As far as the orders forum goes, orders are secret, and nobody is allowed in except me for turn processing.
Look at the description of the forum for a link; this will allow you to post new threads despite not being able to view the forum or its threads.

Kana
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will post in my orders for his avatar to be made at the homeworld. There is a standard flagship there for his use to get to his command currently in route to Synth.

Astorax
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok umm, am I to take it I really don't have anything to do until my Squadron gets to Synth and/or my avatar gets made? What I mean is will I be doing anything at all for this upcoming turn?

Kana
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you will be eligible to give orders for 2408.0

Of course you are correct in that there really isn't much for your squadron to do until it reach Synth. As for you Avatar and Flagship neither are required for you to give orders, but for you Avatar to gaing maximum Prestige Points, then they would need to be part of the squadrons actions. Otherwise you only get a fraction of any PP it gains from combat action.

Astorax
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, I'm still here but on a friends computer. My modem went out (am getting another today nps) but I still need to sort out my image mod prob. I had it loaded (the image mod) simply to be able to play CB and other SEIV mods that required it but I tried out Dark Nova 4.27 and it gave me a stream error for a certain graphic and I thought it might be an issue with maybe an updated graphics pack for the image mod. So I re-downloaded it from the bittorrent site and installed and it screwed my entire SEIV up. Can't play it at all gives me a can't load planets.bmp error. I've since reinstalled SEIV altogether but havent put the image mod back in. Ekolis said that Fyron made some error with saving the planets .bmp in the mod pack? No idea but I guess I need to download "irfanview" and resave that file to .bmp again. Which is weird since its already a .bmp.

Anyways, I'm glad all this happened now when I don't really have anything to do as yet.

Hope to be up and running today or soonest.

Astorax

Astorax
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'm up and running again. Got the new modem and Proteus sent me a stock Planets.bmp from deluxe (which I had overwritten with the corrupted imagemod version) and it seems to be working. I know thats not the correct file but its working so I'm not complaining. [If anyone would like to send me a copy of their updated image mod planets.bmp I would greatly appreciate it though]

Anyways, I see my 5th Squadron is still on its way but when I checked where my avatar+flagship was I found the avatar but not a stock flagship to bring him to my squadron. I would like to amass as many PP as possible, heh.

Will the flagship have my name or how am I to know which ship it is? Sorry if this was explained before but I'm late joining so I missed it.

EDIT- Well, I do seem to be having issues with this new planets.bmp but its nothing major, I just see look at the image of the planet when I click on it but all the relevant info about it is still there. No biggy I suppose.

Monsterfurby
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hereby wish to announce my desire to join the ranks of our great military forces and risk live and honor for the success and survival of our nation.

Respectfully,
Citizen Monst R. Furby, Callsign "Sevarin"

Last edited by Monsterfurby on Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> PBCIV Signups All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: