This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: OAKSIF0
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3153

People Online:
· Visitors: 131
· Members: 0
· Total: 131

Spaceempires.net :: Races in the mod? :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Races in the mod?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Gritty Galaxy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nightboy42
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Races in the mod? Reply with quote

Will u make your own races?
Can one/more live in Gas Planets that arnt domed... aka native to it (heat tolerant). If so will u make a picture of it? at the planet picture?

SuicideJunkie
Leaky Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just copy whatever shipsets you want into the mod. This is a mod, not a shipset pack Wink

I've used the slot overrides, so it is fair.

nightboy42
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No i mean will you create your own? aka the mod-creators own races? As it is his own "universe"

Moonsword
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*glances at last poster*

I'm only guessing here but based on his previous actions in SE4, no, he won't. He never has before to my knowledge.

ColonialAdmiral
Space Emperor

Location: On Giant dreadnaught preparing to glass phong homeworld...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Making shipsets is hard....I've got 10 different shipsets down on paper...(the old earth powers: france, america, britan, soviets, italians, african union, south american confederation, china, japan, and the canadians, but im still trying to learn how to make em: Very Happy )

Point is ideas dont grow on trees, and this shipset stuff is really hard... Very Happy

SuicideJunkie
Leaky Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just worry about the gameplay physics, and let the shipsets be.
After all, the shipsets are all out there, just waiting to be dropped in.

I believe in doing what you can do best, and let others do their thing, and it all works.
Which means IMO, Aaron should focus on the game engine, and just let Kwok and/or the community deal with stock. The modders make the mods, and the 3D artists make their shipsets, and the AI guys make 'em smart...

Help the others out by building compatibility into your piece, and offering ideas or help with grunt work, but don't bother trying to do the work that others are already doing, and are better at to boot Wink

lordmoore
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the AI work for this mod?

SuicideJunkie
Leaky Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, certainly not.
I'm not sure that it is actually possible to write a decent AI for this mod, due to the complexities.
What's the optimal

Still, if anyone wants to try to write an AI, I'd be more than happy to help however I can.

In the meantime, play against a natural intelligence. It will be a far better challenge, and your witty messages will be appreciated properly.

nightboy42
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColonialAdmiral wrote:

Point is ideas dont grow on trees, and this shipset stuff is really hard... Very Happy

Well youre wrong about that one (exept the last part). Ideas grows on trees but is hard to make them reality.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Gritty Galaxy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: