This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 141
· Members: 0
· Total: 141

Spaceempires.net :: AST 2.0 INTEL :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

AST 2.0 INTEL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Star Trek Mod
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Atrocities
Shipyard Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: AST 2.0 INTEL Reply with quote

What I was thinking about doing for Intel for the AST 2.0 mod was to change intel projects from projects to Spies. The classification of the spies would determine their mission ability's. For example a Low level spy could perform basic intel gathering. A high level spy could perform sabotage. Level of damage and type of sabotage and or espionage could be factors too.

Originally it was a concept that I was exploring for my version of the Star Wars mod. I wanted to have Bothan spies, Imperial Operatives, and so on. I wanted to have character name based missions. Like enticing a rebellion would be a mission that you would send Luke Skywalker on. Or Stabilizing a planet would be a Vader mission. Things like that.

Of course this would have to be adapted for use with the AST since there are no Hero's in Star Trek that could be used.

Hell I don't even know if this is worth exploring as an option for Intel. Given the huge nature of Intel it would take a long time to compile a usable Intel file.

I would also have to come up with things that each race could do for Intel Projects. Obviously the Romulans and Cardassians would have better intel than the Klingons or the Federation. But the Federation has Section 31, and the Dominion has shape shifters.

So what would be good espionage and sabotage projects for each race? Raiding would be good for the Ferengi, but what about the breen? And the Borg? What would be good for 8472?

See my dilemma?

Where we're going we won't need roads.

Black_Knyght
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of quick thoughts here -

1) Species 8472 had a training facility for covert/infiltration operatives shapeshifted into human form in an "ST: Voyager" episode. This could prove very relevlent in an Intel capacity.

2) The Borg have proven to be able to know everything an assimilated victim knows, as proven when they assimilated Picard into Locutus. This could be a unique form if Intel as well.

3) The Ferengi seem to have a tendency to buy and sell information and intel, more so than any other species so far.

Just a couple of quickly jotted down ideas here....

Sunnendei_Tinco
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget the changeling Founders, Obsidian Order or the Talshi'ar

Atrocities
Shipyard Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, your comments have given me a few ideas. Smile

Where we're going we won't need roads.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Star Trek Mod All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: