This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: OAKSIF0
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3153

People Online:
· Visitors: 66
· Members: 0
· Total: 66

Spaceempires.net :: What does everyone use ministers for? :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

What does everyone use ministers for?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Strider
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:00 pm    Post subject: What does everyone use ministers for? Reply with quote

I was just wondering on how people use the ministers. I've just started playing SE5 and haven't really messed with ministers yet.

Anyone care to share effective use of ministers in there games?

ekolis
Virtual Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't use them. Well, except for the "Ships - Naming" minister in Balance Mod, which keeps your ships' names in line with their design names after they are refit.

That's no space station - it's a spreadsheet!

CaptainKwok
Balance Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Balance FAQ on ministers will answer many questions.
http://www.captainkwok.net/balancemodministers.php

I do need to update a couple of descriptions though. There a little bit out of date.

Note for most global ship ministers, it will only affect ships set to minister control. This includes resupply, repair, retrofit, mothball etc.

Space Empires Depot | SE:V Balance Mod

Strider
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekolis wrote:
I don't use them. Well, except for the "Ships - Naming" minister in Balance Mod, which keeps your ships' names in line with their design names after they are refit.

I love this addition. Makes the mod worth it just in itself Smile

Zwo_Dvoongar
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be advised: the population minister scraps non-breathers when breathers are present.

I usually only use the population transport minister. Sometimes, if my empire's big, and I have more than one type of Colony Ship, I'll turn colonizing over to the minister also.

I'll make intermittent use of the drone carrier and carrier ministers too, if refilling becomes a chore, and those types are supplemental rather than key components of my fleets.

Don't take the wrong impression. I've seen a lot of players saying they use a lot of the ministers. I'm a micro-managing perfectionist, and I don't like surprises.

If you use any of the ministers which move ships, you should get in the habit of updating your "systems to avoid" frequently. That's the only sure way to prevent ministers from assigning ships to transit dangerous places.

Stormcrow
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a game with AI opponent I used ministers other than diplomacy, research and design to make the game quick and even playing field. The AI gets rolled mostly where ship movement is concerned.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Balance Mod All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: