This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 191
· Members: 0
· Total: 191

Spaceempires.net :: Which Extras If Any :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Which Extras If Any

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> SEIV Spaceport
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FatBadger
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: Which Extras If Any Reply with quote

Hi All
Late to the party as ever, I am only now getting around to dipping my stripey toes into the sparkling waters of SEIV, which I recently bought from Steam.

I'm not very technical and having been directed to be sure to look at the extras folder, I'm seeing an impressive list of mods and enhancements, but wondering which, if any, I need as a newbie for my first ever play through.

Keeping in mind that I'd first have to work out how to apply them and then have to worry about how they change or don't change gameplay, in terms of learning to play via a tutorial which presumably covers the vanilla game. Would you say I am better to stay vanilla for this first look?

If not, which of these mods are "must haves"? Surprised)

Wasn't completely sure if the "general" or "modding" forums were the best place to ask this. But a look at modding discussion would seem to suggest that it's about how to actually make mods. .. so "General" it is. Smile

Thanks
Badger

Skyburn
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stock (standard se4) is a pretty good place to start. You can start with mods once stock gets boring or if you want more of a challenge.

Many of the mods in the Extras folder are obsolete versions. Current versions are in the Downloads section here on se.net.

The wiki has a lot about mod basics: http://wiki.spaceempires.net/index.php/Mods_%28SEIV%29

The windowedSE4 tool is handy to have. http://imagemodserver.dyndns.org/other/MM/SE4/Tools/zip/WindowedSE4.zip For more info: http://www.spaceempires.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=34139

FatBadger
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou Skyburn

Tomokatu
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And once you start using different mods (for COMPLETELY different gameplay & look and feel) I suggest installing Fyron's Mod Launcher.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> SEIV Spaceport All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: