This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 254
· Members: 0
· Total: 254

Spaceempires.net :: AFTER ACTION REPORT: Daruhana Clans and the Kongsie System :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

AFTER ACTION REPORT: Daruhana Clans and the Kongsie System

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> The Galactic Invasion 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
covertjaguar
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: AFTER ACTION REPORT: Daruhana Clans and the Kongsie System Reply with quote

<The Palantir lights up and Clan Leader Covolo appears>

I address you now to inform you of a major battle that took place in recent months. I will begin with a little background info. The clans had launched a large expedition to claim territory in monster controlled space in the system of Kongsie. For almost half a year now the pack had been operating in Kongsie with little trouble. Food was beginning to be a concern, but the pack still had plenty for the time being. Colony beasts were on the way to establish a resupply base. Monster after monster was falling to our ramming beasts, but then a massive fleet of monsters appeared. Twenty-two monsters. They swept down on our pack of space beasts and tore them to shreds. Our beasts fought valiantly and took down one monster, but they were just too much. The pack died with honor and we will hold the proper ceremonies of passage for the warriors lost. Despite this, the expedition was still a total failure. We lost almost twenty beasts. The Clan Fathers haven't decided yet whether to launch a new expedition, but even if they do, it won't be for a number of months as new beasts will have to be raised.

Beware the monsters, they protect their territory jealously.

<The Palantir dims>

douglas
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOC: Ignoring the rule for not checking non-OOC threads because this is obviously no news to me.

That wasn't really a case of me protecting my territory (though you are getting closer to it than ever before), it was more getting really frustrated with having lost ship after ship after ship to that fleet without destroying any of them, despite the fact that it should be logically impossible for any of the designs you had to defeat a Hunter regardless of numbers - superior range and speed, plus infinite supplies. I won't repeat such a large attack again, I think, but fleets capable of destroying Hunters with no losses will result in Hunters travelling in increasingly large groups in the future. Also, my simulations had led me to expect fairly large losses among the Devastators, though that didn't take into account how damaged your ships already were with insufficient repair to heal up quite that fast.

mastermindkar
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So...the monsters know frustration. Perhaps in time they can be taught fear as well.

mastermindkar
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We recently deployed a small colonization through the Einstein system in order to expand our frontiers. However, while traversing the nebula in the Einstein system they were set upon by several monsters and destroyed. However, before their destruction they reported that they recieved a strange transmission, apparently from the Space Monsters. The contents of the transmission are as follows:

"How DARE you enter our space!? Prey species are not permitted to approach the mother worlds on pain of DEATH!"

We must continue to investigate this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> The Galactic Invasion 2 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: