This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Tiregan
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3154

People Online:
· Visitors: 106
· Members: 0
· Total: 106

Spaceempires.net :: Minor bug in v1.19J :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Minor bug in v1.19J

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Criusmac
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:56 am    Post subject: Minor bug in v1.19J Reply with quote

I sent a boarding ship against an enemy colony ship which rammed me knocking its Colony module to 27% (73% damaged). When I flew the colony ship to my dock, I noticed it had no cargo space, yet still successfully held 6 population, and 5 fighters.

So, the bug is even if cargo containers get damaged to unusable, the cargo remains fine, and on the ship.

Criusmac
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:46 am    Post subject: Another minor bug Reply with quote

I was taking over ships to learn their technology, and I noticed every time I analyzed one of their frigates, I learned Light Hull construction. I can't research it since it's blanked out for some time, and I really doubt the ships have light hull technology that high since I have a high cost for technology, and not enough time has passed to get tech so advanced.

It's probably not important, but here's my save game with 1 ship ready to be analyzed. I did not load a game setup, I newly installed Space Empires V last night having never installed it on this hard drive before. I added v1.19J immediately, so this is not a problem with loading an old setup with a new balance mod version.

Oh, the uploads doesn't work. Well, I guess you won't see it then.

marhawkman
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the enemy either an organic or crystalline race?

If so that could be the issue. It sees the base hull as a tech you don't have and gives you a level without checking to see what the level is that is actually required for that hull.

Criusmac
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:44 am    Post subject: All captured ships 'Normal' hulls Reply with quote

All the ships I had captured up to that point were not organic nor crystal. They were all ordinary ships.

However, my race does use crystal hulls. It's a good thing I recalled this since I was about to write this saying they are all ordinary hulls, and thus shooting down your theory without realizing that my race might be the weird one. >.>

I should probably point out that this bug rapidly gave me the biggest ships around, which gave me such a critical advantage that my ships wiped out several races and got to first place easily.

marhawkman
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, it's kinda annoying. I actually designed the tech tree of Warp 10 mod around avoiding this bug.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Balance Mod All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: