This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: OAKSIF0
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3153

People Online:
· Visitors: 107
· Members: 0
· Total: 107

Spaceempires.net :: Negative Energy Harvester and Stellar Gas Ramscoop :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Negative Energy Harvester and Stellar Gas Ramscoop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Dark Nova Mod
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ekolis
Virtual Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:19 am    Post subject: Negative Energy Harvester and Stellar Gas Ramscoop Reply with quote

Am I missing something or are these components completely useless? They produce so few resources that you pay more in maintenance than you earn!

That's no space station - it's a spreadsheet!

Skyburn
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not if you invest enough racial points in maintenance. Wink

MageKing17
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even without spending racial points in maintenance, generating 150 Minerals from a component that costs 300 (Stellar Gas Ramscoop IV) is a net gain of 75 minerals per turn. Now, the odd one is the Negative Energy Harvester, which costs more and more radioactives as the levels increase (whereas the Stellar Gas Ramscoop has a fixed minerals cost). On the other hand, this still isn't enough to make the higher levels not worth using, because even with no racial points in maintenance, the Negative Energy Harvester I has a net radioactives increase per turn of 50 while the Negative Energy Harvester IV has a net radioactives increase per turn of... 87.5, so either 87 or 88 depending on how the engine rounds it off (I can't recall at the moment).

bearclaw

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working on DN4.30 now.
I'm going to change both of these so that their costs are drastically reduced and their output is increased. The original point of these components was to allow a player to exchange hull kt for reduced costs of the ship.

Now that I think about it, I may just change them both to reducing maintenance costs (slightly) rather than generating resources...

Nick (bearclaw)

"You don't know the Power of the Dark Side. I must obey my Master"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Dark Nova Mod All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: