This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 43
· Members: 0
· Total: 43

Spaceempires.net :: Do you retrofit build? :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Do you retrofit build?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> SEV Spaceport
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you retrofit build?
Yes, always
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Yes, only if I'm spoiling resources
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Yes, only if I need ships in a hurry
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Yes, if I need ships fast or am spoiling resources
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Yes, for some other reason listed below
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No, the extra cost isn't worth it
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No, it's too much of a hassle
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
No, for some other reason listed below
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Depends on mod
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
What's retrofit building?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

Skyburn
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:53 pm    Post subject: Do you retrofit build? Reply with quote

One thing I did in making Skymod was streamline the process of retrofit building. I removed the % of original design restriction, increased the cost of adding components via retrofit, and put a greater % of a ship's design cost in the hull itself. This lets you retrofit build without needing multiple different retrofits while reducing the yard time saved.

In playing my mod I've noticed that most players don't retrofit build, which puts them at an extreme disadvantage. I guess I sort of figured that retrofit building would be automatic when you were spoiling resources. That doesn't seem to be right.

So I'm curious, do SE5 players retrofit build? Why or why not? Is streamlining retrofit building a good thing, or should that be changed?

Blackadder
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't play SE5, but I retrofit ships in SE4 practically every turn from the middle game on. I find it very useful because I can start building ships with the lowest tech version of components, then quickly upgrade them to the highest tech once I achieve it. Also, I can build stripped down ships that will finish in a turn or two, then upgrade them to the full design.

That's my opinion, but I didn't vote because I don't play SE5... Wink

Keep your point defense cannons charged... the Null Space Mod is now available.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> SEV Spaceport All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: