This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: OAKSIF0
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3153

People Online:
· Visitors: 69
· Members: 0
· Total: 69

Spaceempires.net :: Ministers clobber each other's orders :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Ministers clobber each other's orders

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crissa
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Ministers clobber each other's orders Reply with quote

So I've been playing with ministers in this version... So far I've had the satellite minister grab sats at the end of the turn so I didn't get to see their results and the unit constructing minister clobber ships that were in the build queue.

I realize it's partially because I was using the queue clean-up, but... Shouldn't if I don't have the ship minister, it shouldn't nix ships, etc?

Is that intentional? It seems that yes, we want to build units, but the ministers aren't using the full budget. And if there's no enemy - in fact, I've never even seen another race yet - why are ships being clobbered for units? And even so, shouldn't it just be moving them on the queue, not deleting them outright? And shouldn't it prefer to build units on bases than planets, or at least, a build queue more the right size?

The growing militarization of my lonely anarchists is somewhat disturbing ^-^

-Crissa

Zwo_Dvoongar
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what you're reporting exactly. I haven't studied the construction ministers much. The movement ministers are set up so they wouldn't interfere with one another much.

Is there scrapping going on or something? I don't get this. There are demand levels for different things, and once they're reached, you might not see more orders.

That part won't function quite so efficiently in the early game, since the levels are pretty much set up for a situation where all unit and ship types are available. If you don't have drones, for example, the total "budgeting" setup still has to try to allot for their maintenance (the amount you'd be paying if you had your full allotment); it's not very flexible.

I've never used "clean up" but once. It canceled too many things I wanted built, so I never gave it another chance.

Crissa
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Building queues. The queue clean-up was being too aggressive, and removing things rather than upgrading them. If one minister wanted to build something, clean-up removes all other things.

Which is good to build units if there's aliens nearby - but it's stupid if there aren't. And it shouldn't erase the other things from the list.

-Crissa

CaptainKwok
Balance Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The queue clean up minister only removes items if:
a. Queue construction rate = 0 (plague, no pop, riots etc)
b. If at max units (units only) or max ships (ships only)
c. Low resource state and item is below a % completed amount
d. Insufficient cargo space (units only)
e. Non-resource facilities in low resource state below a % completed amount
f. Invalid facility upgrades

The debug log in the backup folder will report why a queue dropped an item if you have it enabled.

There is a bypass to build units ahead of facilities for colonies with low unit totals in threaten systems. But this is for new constructions only... no bumping out existing items.

Space Empires Depot | SE:V Balance Mod

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Balance Mod All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: