This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 118
· Members: 0
· Total: 118

Spaceempires.net :: Mechanoid plagues and happiness :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Mechanoid plagues and happiness

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marc420
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:12 am    Post subject: Mechanoid plagues and happiness Reply with quote

I started a game using the latest patch and latest balance mod. Just getting back into SE IV and V for a bit, so these were all new installs and downloads.

I let the computer do a random setup on a race, then took it from there. Since the race the computer picked was Mechanoid, I went with that, and included the Mechanoid trait to get the immunity to plaque.

Now I'm into the game, and I have a plague on one of my planets. Population growth has gone to zero. I was going to just ignore it, since my race is mechanoid and supposedly immune to plagues. But now the plague has hit my happiness on the planet hard and they are starting to riot. All my other planets are quite happy with time-tech Temporal vacation services. But this one planet with the plague is angry and rioting.

Since I'm just getting back to SE, I'm not even sure where the bug is. Should the planet have gotten the plague in the first place? Or, once the planet has the plague, should it be effecting the pop growth and happiness of a race with the mechanoid trait that's living on the planet?

Not even sure if this is a SEV bug or something in the mod, but since I'm playing Balance Mod, I thought I'd mention it to you. And sorry if this is already reported somewhere in the 19 pages I didn't read. Wink

ekolis
Virtual Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, that's weird. Is anyone actually dying due to the plague? Maybe "immunity" just means "no one dies, but people still get angry and population growth still stagnates"?

That's no space station - it's a spreadsheet!

Skyburn
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plagues do still cause unhappiness even if no one dies. It's quite a significant penalty, actually. Happiness.txt has the exact amount, +10 anger per turn in this case.

Crissa
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe all the plants are wilting ^-^

-Crissa

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Balance Mod All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: