This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Tiregan
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3154

People Online:
· Visitors: 116
· Members: 0
· Total: 116

Spaceempires.net :: RE: Supply Issues :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

RE: Supply Issues

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DXM
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: RE: Supply Issues Reply with quote

Okay, I have not paid as close attention to such things before, but I noticed a few things while playing the latest BM... Also, I would like to mention, that in my HH mod pre-alpha testing, I was never able to get the engines to consume ordnance - I still don't know if that was because I was trying for ordnance usage instead of supply usage, or what... Clearly, use supply works on engines in BM. Any way, on to the questions/comments...

1) Resupply At Nearest Order - I noticed that no matter how many resupply depots I built, when my explorer ships ran low & I ordered them to resupply, they always went back to my homeworld. I can't remember, is this a fundamental bug with SE5 or a bug with BM?

2) Resupply Ships In System Ability - Resupply depots are supposed to automatically resupply any ships in the same star system, aren't they? Is the amount of resupply below the supply usage of engines, or something? Because my ships never seemed to load supplies until they went to the same hex as the resupply depot - which, because of issue 1, had to be done manually. Again, is this an SE5 thing or a BM thing?

3) Asteroid Systems with Planets - The stock game never puts planets in systems that have red dwarf stars surrounded by asteroid belts. However, both FQM & BM do... Logistically, this causes a slight problem. If there are two airless TINY planets, then you can only put 2 facilities in that system... If one is a resupply depot, because they system lies too far from your other holdings... And one has to be a spaceport in order to get any points to your empire... Then you're out of room. I suppose you could have 1 resupply depot & 1 spaceyard... But, honestly, it would be more realistic to have a lonely mining operation in such a system... Which brings me to a further point - Tiny planets (that are not breathable) having only 1 facility space makes them rather useless. Not to mention unrealistic - I mean seriously, even on a domed colony, how could you ever have room for only one structure? So what's the solution? Tiny Non-Breathables with 2 Facility spaces? Facilities that use 1/2 the space?

I welcome Answers, Comments and Questions... Thanks!

CaptainKwok
Balance Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. Sorry for the late response.

1. The resupply at nearest order is an SE5 game function. I don't know what the criteria is for the resupply target it picks but as you have noted, it doesn't always pick what seems to be the best destination for resupply.

2. There's a finite supply of resources that the Resupply Depot is able to distribute remotely to objects in the system. I'm not sure what the priority is (ie ships vs planets) but it would be worthwhile one day to figure it out to see if it actually works as described. Objects in the same sector automatically transfer resources from planet stockpiles.

3. You can also do remote mining which doesn't require a spaceport. So the two lowly planets can be useful for resupply/support for the fleet of remote resource ships.

The problem with changing the facility scheme is that you'll end up with so many facilities to manage and it's bad enough already. I wouldn't be opposed to have some variable sizing, but that would be for another mod.

Space Empires Depot | SE:V Balance Mod

LordZsar1
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truth be told, I would vote to simply get rid of these tinies in the Brown Dwarf system. They clutter the "Colonisable and Empty" planet list.

PvtHudson
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: Don't get rid of tiny airless planets Reply with quote

They aren't so useless for my non-breezing Shettubs Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Balance Mod All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: