This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Tiregan
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3154

People Online:
· Visitors: 105
· Members: 0
· Total: 105

Spaceempires.net :: Troops for supression armed or unarmed? :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Troops for supression armed or unarmed?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jougal
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Troops for supression armed or unarmed? Reply with quote

Hello. I have a game running and I've run into what seems like a common enough problem. My entire empire is pissed off at me. I'm not 100% sure why, but this is not my question

My question is regarding my solution. I have Temporal Vacation Services in most of my systems and Genetic Recoding labs as well. I also have taken a few points in the social tree to help. Since these measures are not helping and the problem is so bad I'm going bankrupt rapidly I decided I needed to repress my populace. So my questions are regarding the use of troops. 1st do they need to be armed to be effective at repressing a populace, ie is happiness a value that is "attacked" by the units. If so do better weapons make them more effective? If not I will leave them unarmed as maintenance is becoming a serious drain and I need them to be cheap.

My 2nd question is how many do I need to station on a planet? 10, 100, more? A ball park figure will suffice.

Thank you in advance.

Be Well,
Jougal
Semper Fi
<S>

CaptainKwok
Balance Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They do not need to weapons to be effective.

Space Empires Depot | SE:V Balance Mod

Skyburn
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheap police troops are indeed your best option. Assuming you are talking about your own race, and there are no enemy ships around, 25-50 should be plenty to stay at indifferent happiness.

Jougal
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the info. I had to scrap a bunch of condition improving buildings to afford even the unarmed police. But 50 on each planet solved my problem and things are retuning to normal.

Phew, was a close thing as 90% of my planets were angry and 3 had started to riot.

Thank you,
Jougal
Semper Fi
<S>

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Balance Mod All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: