This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 147
· Members: 0
· Total: 147

Spaceempires.net :: Cant find Point Defense Tech. :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Cant find Point Defense Tech.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jougal
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: Cant find Point Defense Tech. Reply with quote

Hello,

I cannot find the Point Defence tech on the research page. I am using Balance Mod 119i and no other mods. I downloaded the tech tree PDF file and read it and it says the pre-requisite is Military Science I or TS(6). I have this tech at the start of the game and yet I cant find it in the list of Techs. The other techs that require Military Science I TS(6) are all available in the research screen. IE Smaller Weapons, Bombardment Weapons, and Warheads are all available.

I have a feeling I am missing something right under my nose as I cant seem to find any forum posts describing this problem.

Any illumination or ideas as to what I'm doing wrong are welcome.

Thank you,
Jougal

Semper Fi

CaptainKwok
Balance Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've likely used a saved empire or game setup file created for stock with the mod. There's no way to fix this other than started a new game and creating a new empire/game setup.

Space Empires Depot | SE:V Balance Mod

Jougal
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for the quick reply. I've been a fan of your mod for a long time.

You are right I, when I set up the game I used a saved setup file from a standard game. I did not think it would effect anything, obviously I was mistaken. Shame as I liked the start I had on that last game.

I started a new game to test everything and when I loaded my race file that I had saved in the set up of the previous porked game, the point defence tech was not listed. I then started to create a new race to see if it was listed and there it was. I closed that race and reopened my old race I had loaded and low and behold I had 20k or research to spend and the point defence tech was there.

I will delete the race file and recreate it in a new game, obviously not using the saved game setup file from before. Just to make sure there are not any other surprises within the saved race file. I guess I was lucky I noticed a problem on turn 4 and not turn 400.

In short all is well. Thank you again.

Be Well,
Jougal
Semper Fi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Balance Mod All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: