This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 127
· Members: 0
· Total: 127

Spaceempires.net :: v1.19i beta bug : "could not load file C:\program files :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

v1.19i beta bug : "could not load file C:\program files

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ptb_ptb
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: v1.19i beta bug : "could not load file C:\program files Reply with quote

I've noticed the following bug since installing the balance mod beta.

When double-clicking on a news item instead of going to the location mentioned I get the error message

Could not load file C:\program files

This started about 25 turns into a new game. I suppose it might be a bug from Space Empires V itself, but I played a hundred hours or so before installing the balance mod and never noticed it happen before.

[EDIT]
OK, it went away by itself after a few more turns.

Skyburn
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's best that you not run se5 from the Program Files folder. Moving it to C:\Games or something similar should prevent a recurrence of this problem.

Jougal
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is an old forum post but in case anybody finds this question the way I did via google and would like to know how I solved this I will explain.

When you extracted Balance mod from the zip it went into a folder called: BalanceModv119i. This folder does not go in the GameTypes folder. The subfolder within the BalanceModv119i, Balance Mod v115+ goes in the GameTypes folder. So the path should look like this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Strategy First\Malfador Machinations\Space Empires V\GameTypes\Balance Mod v115+\

I hope the person who posted the OP figured this out. And I hope this helps anybody who made this mistake like I did.

Be Well,
Jougal

Semper Fi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Balance Mod All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: