This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 124
· Members: 0
· Total: 124

Spaceempires.net :: Beta 0.61: goodbye drones, hello ammo based missiles :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Beta 0.61: goodbye drones, hello ammo based missiles

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Combat_Wombat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Beta 0.61: goodbye drones, hello ammo based missiles Reply with quote

So a quick Dev Diary of sorts been working on whats being tentatively called 0.61 but may just become 0.70 if the changes keep getting larger

I am removing seekers, drones, and mines from non-monster races. I am replacing them with a missile system that uses the drone mechanic. All previous types of seekers are being changed to drone components. There will now be one kind of drone called "Missile" it will be 1kt. the warheads will be 1kt components that cover damage, damage type, movement, supplies, and an undetectable cloak.

Also under this new system all stellar manipulation components will be changed to this 1kt warhead format. This makes stellar manipulation a true one time use item adding significant balance.

Warheads will be given variable tactical movement and hitpoints based on whatever the original missile had. Stellar manip warheads will have no tactical movement and one strategic movement with only enough supplies to use the stellar maip fucntion.

After all this converting is done I will go back and do a pass on all the warheads increasing their leathality based on this much more restrictive system.

Effects: supply lines matter even more, "missiles" when you have them will be damn dangerous, and stellar manipulation becomes legitimitly expensive with new ways to be countered.

Co-Lead of the FrEee project an open-source Space Empires IV clone

Author of Invasion! for Space Empires IV

ekolis
Virtual Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are you going to keep the stellar manipulation drones from moving in combat, given that strategic movement ability also grants combat movement?

Also, are you sure that units can perform stellar manipulation?

That's no space station - it's a spreadsheet!

Combat_Wombat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekolis wrote:
How are you going to keep the stellar manipulation drones from moving in combat, given that strategic movement ability also grants combat movement?

Also, are you sure that units can perform stellar manipulation?

erm good point on the movement

and mostly sure drones can however I haven't tested yet but not sure why they couldn't they work just like ships except the lack of WP travel except via attack and the blowing up once its runs out of supplies.

Skyburn
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds cool, CW.

Phantom
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to hear what the Invasion mod is back! Very Happy

The People's Mod 0.6.3

Combat_Wombat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved out of the proof-of-concept phase and begun converting the entire mod over to use the new drone system. Gonna be a bit of work but I am quite excited about how this is gonna play once its finished.

Urendi_Maleldil
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey CW, have you confirmed that drones can perform stellar manipulation?

Ken vs. The City

Black_Knyght
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phantom wrote:
Nice to hear what the Invasion mod is back! Very Happy

I'll second that!

Combat_Wombat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Urendi_Maleldil wrote:
Hey CW, have you confirmed that drones can perform stellar manipulation?

After testing no they can't Sad So I ended up removing many stellar manip options because I was tired of how unbalancing they are for the first person there.

Also sadly my hard drive died. Won't spin up anymore. I have it in storage in hopes of one day moving the platters to a working drive but that is allot of work I am not all that familiar with executing. All of the WIP data files were only on there as far as I am aware so the mod is on hold unless I decide to restart 0.61 work from scratch which I won't totally rule out but it is unlikely.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Invasion Mod All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: