This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 217
· Members: 0
· Total: 217

Spaceempires.net :: CCMod 9.0. released :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

CCMod 9.0. released
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Crimson Concept Mod
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Artful_Bodger
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rnl wrote:
I never use quick start, so no. I'm not even sure how they lost it, honesty, I never work on them or worried about them. Anybody got a clue on how I could have screw them up. At work tonight, so I can't work on it, but still like an idea, thanks.

Adjustment of trait costs/thresholds ?
This might show up as a side effect.
Could be a consequence of the Fishsteak AI merge, I recall such things were adjusted there?

rnl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I'll look into it, thanks. Can wait for the PBW to start Very Happy

Oh thanks Tnarg keep the story going, been enjoying the read.

http://sites.google.com/site/crimsonconceptmod/

Tnarg
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I am enjoying CC9.0, there is so much to discover and so many variations. This is a completely new SEV.

Wondering about the Budget Bureau, again I have an idea of what it does, but I am lost in the formulas.

Also the 5% Tax policy, these can be stacked? So if I wanted to tax a planet 15%, I would build three of these, and then is it boosting the resources the planet produces by 15% (48%).

Then just wondering how this ties in with the 10% tax policy and the 30% tax policy?

Also, what would be the best research branch(es) to help battle failing planetary conditions.

rnl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Quote:
Also the 5% Tax policy, these can be stacked? So if I wanted to tax a planet 15%, I would build three of these, and then is it boosting the resources the planet produces by 15% (48%).

Yes they stack until the taxes reach 100% total, between the different or same policies.

Quote:
Then just wondering how this ties in with the 10% tax policy and the 30% tax policy?

Allow you to save time in adding facilities for the most part.

Quote:
Wondering about the Budget Bureau, again I have an idea of what it does, but I am lost in the formulas.

The Budget Bureau helps reduce the red tape factor, which increase as the number of planets in your empire increase. Budget Bureau reduce that by half, if i read the code right it was a early concept that I did not comment right.

Quote:
Also, what would be the best research branch(es) to help battle failing planetary conditions.

EPA facility was design to slow down the pollution by the half to start with and at fifth at max level. To improve the damage your need one of the Climate Control Facilities.

R-TEAM
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

sorry to Beg you rnl ... Wink
But .. is the FQM add-on for V9.x now available ... Smile ?
Wait for it to play this Masterpiece Smile

Regards
R-TEAM

rnl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Here is the Hx for 9.01, it's not out yet if you have some suggests let me know Very Happy

Change > Asteroid Planet Colonization got 5 levels
Change > Tech cost of Asteroid Planet Colonization was reduce
Change > Asteroid Colony comp can create different size Asteroid Planet now, need testing
Change > Asteroid Planet event now change different size planets
Change > All pod weapon now only use outer hull
Fix > Some non base pods were being allow on bases and other things.
Change > pirate trait can not see the other planet Colonization tech in the research area
Add > Event that destroy any ship that uses Mercenary mount without a Mercenary Bridge
Change > Mercenary Bridges no longer able to be placed on a Base
Change > Stellar, planet Colonization, SY, and Robo-Miner can not use with Mercenary Bridge
Change > All Tax Rate Policy types now state the government type required as well as they can be stack together.
Change > EPA Bureau state it's reduction percent.
Change > VC Corporation state the amount of research points it provides.
Fix > Insanity Research event were happening on planets with no Insanity Research Center on them

It should be save game safe, that is my main goal. Only thing left right now is looking at the AI for the asteroid changes and for the fighter/drones usages.

Artful_Bodger
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking along the lines of Ast Cols doing away with the Ast dome altogether (its an Ast col - so its domed by definition) and giving a fixed 1000 pop /1000 cargo /1000 facility standard size.
That way a coloniser with 400kt of WP doesn't discard its cargo on colonisation - the AI sends such out for border/contested systems.
The removal of the ast dome component cuts down their maintenance as a side effect.
The main bug bear with them at the moment is that they are an economic drain to 'normal' races if they start using them. That would help.
The aim should be that a 1000 kt fac colony with a clinic, family storage,
family mine, farm, extract and point of interest should make a small resource profit on a say 150%/150%/150% rated colony.
You'd just be able to put a slave facility on one too.

May also want to reduce the size/cost of the ast col component & only give it 100kt cargo in compensation?

Perhaps have a 1000/1000/1000 sized standard Ast colony element, and a 300/300/300 sized Ast outpost element (non upgradeable) say 50 kt hull size?
The latter would give the possibility of a heavilt armed coloniser/explorer type of ship from turn 1 able to provide a 'stake holder' colony or fight off other scouting forces.
You'd be able to put a clinic, family storage & 1 200 pt intel/research/resource/culture element on it, no need to have it make a profit. If you want a real, economic Ast colony later, abandon & redo with the real colony ship.
The AI is too dumb for this one, human only.

Ast cols (or outposts) should be small, not multi sized. If you want planetary class exploitation of a asteroid, research the planet creation tech and use it.
BTW if planet creation tech is used, you should destroy any resident Ast colony as otherwise you'd be back to the buggy multi planet sector scenario of the beta release.

Ps I am still simulating my thoughts on the use of pirates, may take the rest of the month to do.
There are some other techs which need blanking for pirates (e.g. commerce raider) which give nothing and act as a research sink for AI's.

rnl

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I was thinking along the lines of Ast Cols doing away with the Ast dome altogether (its an Ast col - so its domed by definition)

I can agree with this thought, I can see maybe removing the asteroid dome would make sense.

Quote:
The main bug bear with them at the moment is that they are an economic drain to 'normal' races if they start using them.

I've started to notice that problem, which is what in the next release remote comp will be available at a cost of 20% reduction in production at level 1, but normal after that level.

Quote:
May also want to reduce the size/cost of the ast col component & only give it 100kt cargo in compensation?

If I remove the facility requirement, the material cost of building the colony should come from somewhere, so I would most likely keep this unchanged.

Quote:
Perhaps have a 1000/1000/1000 sized standard Ast colony element, and a 300/300/300 sized Ast outpost element (non upgradeable) say 50 kt hull size?
The latter would give the possibility of a heavilt armed coloniser/explorer type of ship from turn 1 able to provide a 'stake holder' colony or fight off other scouting forces

I like the outpost idea, and if I could possible change the asteroid dome facility to a standard Dome outpost for all planet type I think I would. Not sure if this would be save game friend :Sad

Quote:
Ast cols (or outposts) should be small, not multi sized. If you want planetary class exploitation of a asteroid, research the planet creation tech and use it.

I see a asteroid colony as not a simple place, but several little floating rock/ice asteroids with domes on or in them. So having different colony planets would be poss. in this view base on the size of the asteroid field the colony is located in. The cost of creating planets comp is lot higher in both research and resource usages compare to asteroid colonies. Also planet creating comps is more of a late game factor vs the asteroid colony, which is a early to mid game factor.

Quote:
Ps I am still simulating my thoughts on the use of pirates, may take the rest of the month to do.

Can't wait to heard from you. :Smile

Quote:
There are some other techs which need blanking for pirates (e.g. commerce raider) which give nothing and act as a research sink for AI's.

commerce raider is design to hurt other players resource amount, and it works with cloak on. Twisted Evil

Artful_Bodger
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rnl wrote:

Quote:

commerce raider is design to hurt other players resource amount, and it works with cloak on. Twisted Evil

Pirates get Commerce Raider with their trait based tech, there is no point in researching it separately, if the AI does it, it wastes RP's.

rnl

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "Privateer Policy" also affects, increasing, the pirate raiding event. The AI only research level one of the tech, But I will change it so the pirate AI will only research it if it's at war.

Varaxys
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:31 am    Post subject: Jump Drive Reply with quote

How are the Jump Drive components suppose to work? Ive done all the research and put it on my ship designs but cant figure out how to use the drive like it says you can.

Artful_Bodger
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: Jump Drive Reply with quote

Varaxys wrote:
How are the Jump Drive components suppose to work? Ive done all the research and put it on my ship designs but cant figure out how to use the drive like it says you can.

That got me a while back. The jump engines cut in as a script at the end of the turn.
Tell your ship to move a distant location.
It will start off conventionally, then make the jump after the end of the turn.
It can fail for 2 reasons.
1) inadequate supplies (2 full power cores on-board solves this).
2) limited range the initial level 1 JE can only go 2-3 sectors. Try short range jumps first.

rnl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so I went and look at all the log messages after someone pointed out that they are confusing to read and so I tried to clean them up some. But now I'm afraid players won't understand what they mean. So I have posted a pic on the mod site in the download section and would like it if you guys let me know if I went to far. I couldn't do a good format setup due to the log not limiting base on the number of char, but size of the line itself.

I also plan to adjust the log so they only start showing if you are using or affect by the event.

Note : In the patent log, if you gain/lose resources or gain a new tech the log will report it in the same log box. The cultural will post a new message like it did once before for rebel planets. You lose the sorry line once you build a I.G.F. building. And lastly you will see a import percentage value added if you get one above 0%, but the actual resource lost/gain was removed.

Tnarg
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. Quick and precise. The information I need is right where it should be rather than lost in a paragraph.

Artful_Bodger
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, less is sometimes more. Smile

ekolis
Virtual Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, though "being detect level" is rather vague. How about "chance of our reverse engineering being detected"?

That's no space station - it's a spreadsheet!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Crimson Concept Mod All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: