This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 237
· Members: 0
· Total: 237

Spaceempires.net :: VC Corporation effectiveness :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

VC Corporation effectiveness

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Crimson Concept Mod
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ekolis
Virtual Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: VC Corporation effectiveness Reply with quote

Would be nice if the VC Corporation gave some indication as to its effectiveness - as it stands, do I really want to build them? They're so expensive, and I have no idea if it will produce anything (well, without peeking at the scripts)! I guess it's realistic, but at least could you put something like "produces 250 to 1000 research points toward a randomly selected technology per turn" or something? (Adjust the description to whatever the actual numbers are!)

That's no space station - it's a spreadsheet!

rnl

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be the VC statement in CCMod 9.01
"VC provides between 150 to 750 research points to a Corporation/Private funded technology per turn. " hope that will more useful. Smile

http://sites.google.com/site/crimsonconceptmod/

ekolis
Virtual Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, 150 to 750? Compared to 500 to a tech of your choice for a regular research center, that seems rather pointless, especially since the VC corporation costs a lot more!

Artful_Bodger
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it not per funded tech?
I thought VC spread its techs over 8 sectors, so you got 150 * 8 or 1200 RP spread across the board. 4k points spread at L6 VC tech, more in boom times.

I put 10 VC on my home world, 1% research in a spread of techs the VC is likeley to pursue then the remaining 80% on my current focus.

Those secondary techs seem to keep up with the stuff my neighbours do.

ekolis
Virtual Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, so as long as you put at least 1% of your research into a tech, the VC will put its full RP into it, up to a maximum of 8 techs (so you can't get full VC RP into 100 different techs)? I might just have to build me some of these - they almost sound TOO powerful now! Very Happy

What's this about "boom times" though? Is the RP produced related to the amount of resources that you're producing or spoiling or something? I'll have to go and read the documentation on this one!

rnl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
The way the VC Corp work is simple:
- It provide anywhere between 150-750 @ level 1 of research points per VC Corp in the empire to one random tech that a event choose. Also the points don't increase with level. The points from this facility are all group together for one tech.
- 550 points of each resource is product as a tax with a increase of 90 points per level after one with a chance of a 1-10% bonus.
- Every 30 VC Corp in the empire allows for a chance of a random planet to decrease in happiness by 3 - 12. If over 100 VC Corp in the empire the unhappiness is double.

Now with that said, I agree the cost is too high and plan to change it to 2500 plus 200 per level after 1. The goal of VC Corp to to help the Corp/Private funded event as well as show the up/down effect of the private market. The reason the resource don't go down is my believe that rich people know how to make and keep their money above all else. I'm still open to ways to improve this facility for 9.01. Sorry for any problems this poor little facility has cause.

ekolis
Virtual Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it produces 150-750 research points for a randomly chosen tech each turn, as well as resource income and small amounts of unhappiness? Hmm, the resource income and unhappiness aren't listed as abilities!

How is the random tech chosen? I can see a few ways of doing this:

1. Out of all the techs you can currently research and have not maxed out
2. Out of all techs in the game - if you've maxed one out or not unlocked it yet, too bad!
3. Out of all techs you are currently spending research points on
4. Out of all techs you have partial levels in (same as #3, except putting points into a tech for a turn then removing your funding for that tech will still let VC research it)

rnl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opps Embarassed the "Number Of Abilities " was set to 1 not 5.

The selection process is simple:
- A random number is selected and then the tech with that number gets the points from that sector.
- The techs are off a list, not what your currently research, That would be the public funded tech areas.
- Now for every 40 facility you have in a sector in the whole empire you get a chance of researching another tech, but the cost of this is dividing up the research points for that sector between them equally.
- There are Eight sectors.
- No Cultural Advancement, Loan Tech, Policy techs, Gov. styles, Research, Intel, Enhancement weapon Techs are available.
- Theoretical Science get their points reduce.
- If the tech is not unlock, the req tech gets the points.

I'm thinking of increasing the VC bonus at level 3 and 6 by 150 RP each, so the points would be 900 and 1050. As well as adding a extra 30-55 RP to the other sector for every VC build in the empire with it increasing in level. So what do you guys think. Keep in mind the RP are all going to be a random value, including the other sector bonus, so the facility shouldn't be to over powering or should I leave off the other sector bonus?

ekolis
Virtual Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

40 facilities in a sector, and 8 sectors? I assume you don't mean map sectors, but instead facility categories such as resource extraction?

rnl

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I divided up facilities into 8 economic sectors: mining, agriculture, construction, manufacturing, entertainment, military, energy & warehousing, and finance. VC Corp belongs in the finance sector.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Crimson Concept Mod All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: