This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 183
· Members: 0
· Total: 183

Spaceempires.net :: Rules 'n' Stuff :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Rules 'n' Stuff

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Kyth's Adamant Roleplay
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CapnKy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Rules 'n' Stuff Reply with quote

1. External Affairs is for War, First Encounters and such situations.
2. Internal Affairs is for Diplomacy, First Colony Landings, and miscellaneous history.
3. This forum is for OOC chatter, of course. Smile

~~

Each thread must be titled with the names or acronyms (ex, I'm the "MRI" or "Mirrimar") of the races involved. You can change the title by editing the first post.

~~

Good spelling and grammar are a must. I'll say this now - no forms of "leet" or other corruptions of the English Language are to be used. Understood?

~~

Abide by the rules and nobody will get hurt. Wink

Last edited by CapnKy on Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

ekolis
Virtual Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Rules 'n' Stuff Reply with quote

CapnKy wrote:
Good spelling and grammar are a must. I'll say this now - no forms of "leet" or other corruptions of the English Language are to be used. Understood?

Not even "pirate talk", if it's in a RP context? Pirates are a valid racial trait in Adamant Wink

That's no space station - it's a spreadsheet!

CapnKy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate Talk is it's own language, and therefore acceptable. It's part of the roleplay.

But I mean corruptions like leet, shorthand and so on.

That means "YOU" not "U"!

Violist
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay for that. Uhm, one thing though... so far, all of my rping experience has been with story-writing style. Is that applicable here or shall I lurk in the shadows and leech a consensus off of the people who post first? Twisted Evil

JAFisher44
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that story-writing style RP is ok for this sort of thing. Although occasionally some interactive RPing will be possible. I am sure that the more involved you choose to become the more fun the game will be.

I think that the most important part is to make sure that you play your empire true to their role. For example, if you are playing a race that is designed to be benevolent but you attack everything on site you are probably not playing it right. Razz

Space Empires IV Code:
A Se GdY $+ Fr+ C Css Sf Ai Au+ M Mp* S+++ Ss- RPTN Pw Fq Nd Rp G+++ Mm+++ Bb++

CapnKy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Story writing is fine, but there will be some more... "active" stuff, within game. Don't forget - if you have a battle, log it and post it in External! Wink

If you and the opponent can work together on making the combat "realistic" and well roleplayed, all the better. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Kyth's Adamant Roleplay All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: