This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 121
· Members: 0
· Total: 121

Spaceempires.net :: Proportions and AI :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Proportions and AI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> SEV Proportions Mod
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pocus
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:27 am    Post subject: Proportions and AI Reply with quote

Hi,

This mod seems very good (imaginative) but to say the truth, I'm reluctant to lauch a game with it, because it seems to be using vanilla AI.

On the other hand, Cpt Kwok has poured, no doubt, several hundreds of hours into improving the AI for the Balance Mod.

So, this is an hard choice... either a more 'vanilla feel' mod with good AI (Balance Mod) or this more imaginative mod but with base AI.

What I'm getting at is ... why Proportions is not using Balance Mod as a base, so to have at least all the improvements and bug fixes in AI that Cpt Kwok did?

greywolf
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better late than never, I guess.

You may have read Heber Magalaes' (author of SE5 Proportions) reply in my Proportions post (I started a new one because I have/had a slightly different issue). He says that SE5 Proportions can be, but was never intended to be played in SP - which answers your question, too, I suppose.

I would like to direct your attention to the Proportions mod for SE4 (which "fathered" the SE5 version, so-to-speak). SE4 has less fancy graphics than SE5, but is quite good in all other respects (and worth the investment, in my mind).
There are two versions of SE4 Proportions available, v2 and v3, which I'd rather call "generations" in an evolutionary process (which is taken further by SE5 Proportions, in a way). Both are available in the Downloads section of spaceempires.net (v2 in the "Deprecated" subsection). The readme files contain more information regarding the differences. I have had a (quick) look at both versions, and found both quite enjoyable - and more different than I had expected.

Have fun!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> SEV Proportions Mod All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: