This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 226
· Members: 0
· Total: 226

Spaceempires.net :: I think I'm bored of 'culture' :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

I think I'm bored of 'culture'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Crimson Concept Mod
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pocus
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: I think I'm bored of 'culture' Reply with quote

Really, this is ruining my game. How to disable it? And no single turn warning even! Confused

rnl

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, again. Sorry to said, but there is no way to turn it off. The number of them leaving should drop once you go to war with them Smile Until then just build more culture facilities and place more ships in those systems. My web site has notes on the concepts used. Thanks for playing.

Pocus
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I removed AI Tag 01 from all the culture-related facilities, thinking this would revert all facilities to 'no usage' (as the facilities are reread dynamically from what I see), but the module is still able to count the culture strength. That's weird.

rnl

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The AI use the TAG not the script event, so if there are any facility in play then the script will still work. Now if you remove all the culture facilities it would stop, but your game will not work either I believe. But since you all already removed the AI TAG you could just remove the following line from the event_script

line 487
call Civil_plan()

and that would stop the function from being called, just remember to recompile the script.

Skyburn
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

!revive thread Razz

Can removing the function call listed above still shut off the culture system in the latest version?

rnl

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, but the cultural event has been toned down in the latest version. Also the AI will still try to use them, but that should not hurt the game to much.

Rnl

TheThirdEye
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you also took out the AI Tag, it should stop the AI from building them should it not?

rnl

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That should work for the AI part.

Rnl

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Crimson Concept Mod All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: