This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 268
· Members: 0
· Total: 268

Spaceempires.net :: Insanity Research Facility, nomad techs :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Insanity Research Facility, nomad techs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Crimson Concept Mod
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Azmodan102
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:59 pm    Post subject: Insanity Research Facility, nomad techs Reply with quote

Just started Version 8.0 and tried to use insanity research/mad scientist.
I researched the Tech (Insanity Research) up to Level 5 but the new Research building doesnīt show up .( Not in the Tech description nor the Production list.) Do I need other techs for this or is it a bug?

Another thing is that i tried some of the Nomad techs : the research lab and intelligence shop doesnīt seem to stack its production , just one Lab/shop per ship works. At least the solar Supply compoment and the Robot(monolyth)miners do stack itīs production ; dont know aboud the other stuff didnīt use more than one of them.

Last edited by Azmodan102 on Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

rnl

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, found the problem with insanity research, I'll try to release an update file in a day or two.

As to the other problems I'll look into it. After 2-3 months of testing you would think we would have catched any problems. Sad

Rnl

rnl

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, just tested the research lab and intelligence shop comp and had no problems with the points being produced by the comps. I build an base with the research lab on it and removed the research facilities from all the planets. The base was suppose to build 800 points, 4 comps at 200 points each, and the game reported 800 pointing being produced. Can you give me some detail on the game and ship/bases setup, thanks..

Rnl

Azmodan102
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just did the same test scraped all Research Labs then build a Base with
4 labs and 4 Intel shops 200 points each.
other compoments are just one maincomputer / ship brain (in 8.0) and a large supply pack

Should give 800 but i only get 200
and even stranger when other ships/Bases are in the same sector they each produce 200 points too without having labs bases installed. Shocked

The ai players got the same problem they build at least 8 or more Bases filled with research labs in early game, but donīt get a serrious research boost.

Space Empires Version 1.79

tested with two Crimson Concept Versions 7.1f and 8.0 with FQM patch from
your google site

rnl

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, again I just tested again. I'm using version 8.0 no FQM with organic host and had no problems with either comp. I tested the multi ship problem and had no problem with that either. Try to test it with 8.0 only. As to version 7.0, I believe it had this problem but was fix in one of the later versions. Try a clean wipe and see what happens.

Rnl

Azmodan102
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Installed a fresh copy of SE V patched to 1.79 and added Crimson Concept mod 8.0 from this site but all Bases/Ships only produce with one lab/intelshop. Do I need another patch?

the multiple ship effect however can be forgotten as is has no real effect

Azmodan102 wrote:

and even stranger when other ships/Bases are in the same sector they each produce 200 points too without having labs bases installed. Shocked

Thats just a bug in the fleet list showing all points produced in Sektor in every ship as sum of all ships
(having 2 bases each producing 200 points but shown as 400 in all ships/bases in that sector)
the resulting points in the comparison/statistic screen and main view are the normal sum

so for me no big research bases but big fleets of small lab ships
(performance cost are noticable Sad Big Fleet was ment like that Smile )

rnl

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No on the patch, it should be good now. I only look at the points reported on research / intel screen, as this is what you can use.

Azmodan102
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tested some changes in the Compoment textfile

in the original the research lab ability is like that
Ability 1 Type := Point Generation - Research
Ability 1 Description := Research Lab Produce [%Amount1%] of research Pts.
Ability 1 Scope := Sector - This Player
Ability 1 Range Formula := 0
Ability 1 Amount 1 Formula := iif(Get_Empire_Tech_Level("Monster Tech") > 0, 0, (150 + ([%Level%] * 25)) * iif(Get_Empire_Tech_Level("Dimensional Pocket Manipulation") > 0, (Get_Empire_Tech_Level("Dimensional Pocket Manipulation") * 3), 1))
Ability 1 Amount 2 Formula := 0

The Ability scope explains my multiple ship issue

If i change the Ability Scope to Stelar Object
like in the Research facility the research points produced are sumed up correctly in the ships ability list, but are not added to the Empires point/research screen.

TheThirdEye
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the first mod to have this problem. Shocked
The scope is the key, and it depends on how you want the ship to function. It won't be quite what you want (that was the problem before). I don't recall the name of the mod alas, but some research should find it on here.
You can have one per system and/or one per empire. Sorry I don't recall the rest of the details. It was quite interesting, but I didn't play the mod myself.

Tnarg
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great mod. Any more info on the Insanity Research. I too have researched it along with the required other two techs (Applied Research 1 and Industry 1) but I get no new facility other than the regular old Research Lab.

Thanks. Again this mod is great!

Bazalisk
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump!

yea we need a confirmation on the Insanity Tech, as i have noticed somewhere that having levels in this tech area can course planets to pop? Confused

also, in the next issue can we have some text in the ability screens for components such as trade routes and black hole cannons as to how they are meant to be used, also, whats with the dimension pocket tech? is it an abandoned tech idea or does it do something cos again there is no text in game to show what it does or if it is worth researching Sad

Smile

Artful_Bodger
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dimension pocket enhances cargo and facility storage at the price of increased maintenance & construction costs. A heavy freighter with this will be able to move the contents of a planet in one go Smile . (It also takes some time to build one Crying or Very sad )

You will also see your empire resource storage go up when you get this tech.

Its like the weapon enhancement techs, it upgrades existing facilities/components rather than adding new ones.

rnl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok What do you guys think of instead adding multi labs to a ship, there are several different sizes with a limit to one per ship of any size. This would allow the comp to work correctly.

Glad you enjoyed the weapon enhancement techs and Dim Tech.

Rnl

Artful_Bodger
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Single element multi sized labs/intel ? Seems fine to me.

Processing a single, large component on a base rather than 15 smaller identical ones might speed things up as a side effect.
Perhaps extending the idea to shipboard storage, yards and repair facilities would be equally beneficial?

I also like mobile facilities, run to level 9 of the tech and you can get a portable monolith ( large fac, 1 core, 6 each of mineral, organic and rad extractors for 910 cargo), building 30 of these on a Homeworld does wonders for rescource debt. There isn't an explicit monolith component available when you research stellar manip, an omission or too difficult to get to work ?

The other cool mobile fac is a portable supply base (small fac, 1 core, 3 re-supply, 1 re-ordinance ). Useful for getting a immediate resupply capability on a new outpost colony. It would be even nicer if there were med lab (works on planet only, no system/sector influence) and supply/ordinance store components, that would allow a prefabricated infrastructure module to be built increasing a new colonies viability.
Something like an infrastructure facility (large fac core, 3 resupply, 1 re-ordinance, 1 local med lab, 2 supply 2 ordinance) would give it a good start. The construction/maintenance costs of that should be greater than those of the actual facilities to encourage their later construction.

Also tried building a resource collector ship (1 each of mineral, organic and rad collectors, armour & plenty of supply components), drove it into a storm and nothing seemed to happen. I would have expected the resource usage stats to have changed on the ships window (as they do for asteriod miners). Is there feedback somewhere else as to whether this is working ?

Azmodan102
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tested the storm collectors too. They show no points in resource production, but after the turn processing the points seem to be added to the resource pool.(working by skript?) Adding an empire news like those of the empire interest rate/bank account would be usefull.

Those large sized compoments are a good thing. Like Artful said they would be usefull for other stuff too , like armor ,shields and storage (my large defence bases sometimes have too less inventar slots for all the stuff i want in them) [ever tried a point defence Baseship Idea ]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Crimson Concept Mod All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: