This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 129
· Members: 0
· Total: 129

Spaceempires.net :: Post Bugs Here! :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Post Bugs Here!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Space Food Empires Mod
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptainKwok
Balance Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:58 am    Post subject: Post Bugs Here! Reply with quote

Greetings.

Post your bugs here. I know of a number right now that I'll be fixing up for the first patch, but I'm sure there is a lot more.

Space Empires Depot | SE:V Balance Mod

KevinArisa
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran into a bug when viewing the tech tree. I begin to scroll down and I get attacked by error boxes. I suspect it is a rather simple typo in one of the data files someplace.

Fyron
Galactic Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Display bugs in the tech tree view are generally caused by typos in the TechArea.txt file. You can determine which tech area is at fault by looking for the last one that displays correctly. The next tech area is the one with a typo.

CaptainKwok
Balance Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason for the error was 3 fields that pointed to tech areas that had been removed or changed. I've made the appropriate corrections so there's no more errors and you'll be able to export the tech tree in the next version. Thanks for the find... I don't often if ever actually look use that feature - in fact I had to hunt it down at first. Razz

I_DONT_CARE
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think this is a bug but more something i did wrong when i try to start a game i get an error saying: unknown value "banana technology" for race opt 1 adv trait 1 in record "banana". then after i click i get: unknown value "broccoli technology" for race opt 1 adv trait 1 in record "broccoli". then if i click again it says the same thing with carrot,corn,fruit,meat,potato and pumpkin any idea why?

CaptainKwok
Balance Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I changed the names of the racial traits from Banana Technology to Banana etc., and it appears I forgot to update those in the AI_General files for each race.

Anyhow, you'd be better off just adding some of the existing empire files and setting them to computer control rather than allowing for random neutrals/AI players.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Space Food Empires Mod All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: