This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 256
· Members: 0
· Total: 256

Spaceempires.net :: Known Issues in v1.19 Series :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Known Issues in v1.19 Series
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shoe
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you generate the map in an earlier version?

Person(s) denying the existence of killer robots may be killer robots themselves.

MadDog
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject: Warp points Reply with quote

First time downloader/player of this mod. seems pretty good so far, havent got to test much yet. The AI's colinizer ships defending instead of running away from my atack ships is pretty lame, kinda funny though, dont have to chase em down. Smile One thing that I was noticing about warp points though (I like the warp point graphics BTW), Warp points say they are different sizes, but all allow 5,000 KT max ship size. Can you change that so that tiny to huge warp points only lets ships sized respectivly through? Would make it interesting if only say up to crusers could get through a choke point and larger ships had to go around or wait until you have sufficient WP opening tech. On that note, first lvl of WP open tech should only make tiny WP's to nearby galixies, and allow greater size and distance with lvl up. IT would be cool also, if at higher tech lvels, it didnt just open as big as posible, but you could select the size of the warp point you are opening as well as the destination. Thats another thing that always bothered me in stock game (dont know if u already fixed), but lvl1 warp point opener can go... i think 100 light years...at any rate, almost any map i've played, you could jump most the way accross the universe with lvl one, needs to be scaled. and is there a way to show light years on the map? would be useful to know the system distancec BEFORE you try to open a WP.

UncleFester
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. The AI colonizers are attempting to ram, not really attack. Doesn't usually work, but any chance of taking 'em with you beats just getting chased down...

2. Warp point size restrictions are broken in SE-V - it's not a moddable feature.

3. Quatum Resonators (WP openers) don't start at 100ly -IIRC, it's 10ly per level of QR, but it's definitely not 100.

4. One of the buttons above the map (next to last, IIRC) shows distance between systems.

All your colony belong to us!

MadDog
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 11:27 pm    Post subject: point defense Reply with quote

you changed point defense values. whats the point in having blasters now? they are weaker and shorter ranged that normal point defense cannons, but you have to reasearch 2 techs to get them? This used to be offset by blasters firing rate was twice faster than cannons or beams. beams and cannons should be 1/2 second, and blasters, 1/4 second.

MadDog
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleFester Posted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:05 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. The AI colonizers are attempting to ram, not really attack. Doesn't usually work, but any chance of taking 'em with you beats just getting chased down...

I dissagree, civilians would not be willing to ram and all die when they can just run away indefinitly. regular ships cant catch them before they exit the sector. you must use fighters, or drones which are suficiantly faster to catch them before they exit the sector. Or use a cloaked ship to enter the sector, decloak, and atack from right on top of them.

That does suck about warp point sizes being broken though, would make things more interesting.

UncleFester
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately for the civvies, they are in cryo-sleep and don't get a vote. And my naval crews NEVER disobey standing order #1

Always die fighting

BTW, a frigate (or even a destroyer) w/decent engine tech can catch a colonizer failry easily...

All your colony belong to us!

exelsiar
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imo blasters the way they are, are ok, sure i wouldnt say no to slightly faster firing, but their not too bad, their half the size of normal blasters, and having a shorter range is good for when having a mix of PD weapons as they target missiles at different ranges allowing for various missiles to be hit, rather than all focusing on 1 missile at a time.

as for colonizers yeah its a little silly, but its easy enough to change their behaviour

Grand Lord Exelsiar of the Azra-Dun Commonwealth, at your service

Skyburn
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoe wrote:
Did you generate the map in an earlier version?

No, it was generated in the current version, no addons.

CaptainKwok
Balance Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: point defense Reply with quote

MadDog wrote:
...whats the point in having blasters now? they are weaker and shorter ranged that normal point defense cannons...

Point-Defense Blasters are only half the size and do approximately 80% of the damage. They also fit better on smaller vehicles or you can use two in the place of a single PDC, improving your chances of taking out the heavier missiles.

Space Empires Depot | SE:V Balance Mod

Criusmac
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 11:36 pm    Post subject: Trade bug in BalanceMod Reply with quote

This trading bug has been in every BalanceMod I've seen so far.

The amount of resources transferred is equal to the trade percentage of the empire with the most resources, or my empire, not sure which.

This means my vast empire of hundreds of planets trading with one tiny empire of one system is getting 20% of my resources added from this tiny empire.

The tiny empire of 1 system is getting the same amount of resources as me, so this usually causes the tiny empire to have maintenance costs far exceeding its production.

This means, if they stop trading with me for any reason, they get severe maintenance shortfall, and this causes them some problems.

So, in short, either the trade description is wrong (it states it's 20% of the smaller empire's resources), or the trade itself it wrong (since it's 20% of the bigger empire's resources, or my resources).

Oh, I forgot to mention, quite a few empires never leave their system. Not sure why - looking at the ai choices, they keep sending colony ships bouncing from one of their planets in their system to another of their planets in their system.

ekolis
Virtual Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trade issue is an SE5 bug - don't think there's anything Kwok can do to fix it Sad

As for the races that don't leave their home system - do you have "neutral" computer players turned on? That could be what those are...

That's no space station - it's a spreadsheet!

CaptainKwok
Balance Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 12:20 am    Post subject: Re: Trade bug in BalanceMod Reply with quote

Criusmac wrote:
Oh, I forgot to mention, quite a few empires never leave their system. Not sure why - looking at the ai choices, they keep sending colony ships bouncing from one of their planets in their system to another of their planets in their system.

This would be neutral empires as Ed suggested. If the AI has spare colony ships, it will sometimes use them as population transports.

Criusmac
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the awesomely fast response. I do have neutral empires on.

Great, no problems then. ^^

MadDog
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject: response Reply with quote

thanks for the reply about the blasters. I didnt notice the size differance, that makes it better. In the standard game, I always liked a combo of blasters for their quick reload and bomblet misiles for their range. And I've noticed in your mod that a single ship or WP with multiple PD weapons will automaticly focus on multiple targets, wich is great.

MadDog
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 5:51 am    Post subject: battle time limit Reply with quote

3 minutes is way to short. hell 5 mins was too short most of the time. especialy when defending a warp point. If you dont kill all of the enemy ships in time, they can just move on into the system unfettered even though your ships are still alive.

Shoe
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Combats rarely take that long, even if you favor defensive technology.

Person(s) denying the existence of killer robots may be killer robots themselves.

MadDog
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they do if you have better tech, but are outnumbered. I had one ship with good shields with rechargers, so the comps 5 ships couldn't hurt my one ship, but it was taking him awhile to kill them by himself.

TheThirdEye
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
they do if you have better tech, but are outnumbered. I had one ship with good shields with rechargers, so the comps 5 ships couldn't hurt my one ship, but it was taking him awhile to kill them by himself.
In that case they Should be able to get away for the outnumbered defender(s).
However I agree that it is too short for many battles.
I'm thinking I'll try 10min in my next game. Make a Big difference for ground combat too.

Making it longer will only make 'more combat processing' when it's not over; usually that means that there is another combat anyway (same location or running battle across the map).

CaptainKwok
Balance Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shorten combat time is a compromise between being able to finish and majority of combats while improving turn processing times.

marhawkman
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I changed it to about 6.5 minutes and that works well for me.

Arralen
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.19g SmSYS

Organic FF has wrong combat speed - maybe others too (haven't checked up to now):

vehiclesize.txt Line 3086
Code:
Space Combat Maximum Speed Per Movement Point   := 0.001

should be
Code:
Space Combat Maximum Speed Per Movement Point   := 0.0015

Btw., do the
Space Combat Turn Rate Decrease Per kT := 0.0
Space Combat Acceleration Rate Decrease Per kT := 0.0
work ?!

CaptainKwok
Balance Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those values work, but I don't impose those additional penalties on movement. The penalty for larger size is already built-in the value for the base turn/acceleration/deceleration.

MadDog
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 6:59 am    Post subject: shield regen Reply with quote

I just noticed that the shield regenerators were not using any supplies. I was in a battle whit an enemy who had a little longer range and was 1 point faster, so I couldn't catch him, but he couldn't damage me because i regened more that he damaged (I saw shields go down, but recharge before his next volly), yet my supplies stayed at maximum.

Shrike
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can the turn rate in combat be influenced? it's downright silly to see a 15 speed frigate being unable to catch a 7 speed freighter in simultaneous games. The freighter can turn faster than the frigate, so it manages to edge out of range indefinitely.

Shoe
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seting the frigate to a more aggressive range usualy helps.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Balance Mod All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 6 of 20

Jump to: