This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 137
· Members: 0
· Total: 137

Spaceempires.net :: Download the Latest Version (179) here. :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Download the Latest Version (179) here.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Gritty Galaxy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
azacool89
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know if this is relevent but sj did you know there is a function
Code:
Empire_Has_Home_Planet_Type("Rock")

I dont know if it works if your homeworld is destroyed but you can use it to cut out your natives racial traits.

SuicideJunkie
Leaky Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That should work in theory.
My racial traits for that come from the dark mists of ancient history and I haven't even thought about it in ages.

SuicideJunkie
Leaky Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited original post for v167

SuicideJunkie
Leaky Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://imagemodserver.mine.nu/other/MM/SE5/Mods/GrittyGalaxy171.rar

Updated for SE5 v1.71

Changes & Features:
NEW - Adjusted size chances. Small planets are now more common, and huge ones are rare and valuable. Facility space doubles with each step up in size. Small end planets have more space than they did before.
NEW - Stackable Housing! The natural population cap is low; 5M or 100M depending on breathability. Various city facilities can be built to increase the capacity of the planet.
NEW - Pollution Scheme! Dirty industry and high energy value will drive the conditions value down, while climate control, organics value and farms will improve conditions.
NEW - Deadly Deadly conditions! When conditions are really bad, some people will die off. Random weather each turn affects the casualty rate a little. If a planet is unbreathable, casualties are tripled.
NEW - Dome facilities. Makes N million people immune to bad conditions.
NEW - Planetary Conditions Report. Add the tag [cond] (or any tag starting with "cond", including "conditions" if you like) to your planet's name. On your next turn, you will get a detailed report of the current conditions, the projected future conditions, and a tally of domed housing usage.

Note: The tag system may eventually be used to operate stargates/hyperdrives and thus allow you to teleport ships across the galaxy at will

ekolis
Virtual Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, you left the housing in even after finding the 1kT = 1M bug? Or did you just set population to that size? Wink

/me would seriously love to play this mod were it not for the %(@! crew system!!! Evil or Very Mad

That's no space station - it's a spreadsheet!

SuicideJunkie
Leaky Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All it really means is that you can't haul people in transports to completely max out your population. Migration and reproduction are not affected.

It will get fixed and it isn't a big impact on gameplay, so I left it.

PS:
Azacool; I got your suggestion in and it works like a charm!

Crabby
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekolis wrote:

/me would seriously love to play this mod were it not for the %(@! crew system! Evil or Very Mad

Any chance of seeing a change here?

I see the logic behind it but for pure gameplay and ease of use it feels like unneeded complexity.

ekolis
Virtual Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, yeah, might wanna nag Aaron about that population bug if you want to see it fixed, SJ Wink

Glad to see I'm not the only one who is annoyed by the crew system in GGmod Razz

SuicideJunkie
Leaky Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crabby wrote:
ekolis wrote:

/me would seriously love to play this mod were it not for the %(@! crew system! Evil or Very Mad
Any chance of seeing a change here?

I see the logic behind it but for pure gameplay and ease of use it feels like unneeded complexity.
It helps the gameplay, but ease of use is definitely low.

I am slowly coming to accept that there will never be a combat damage system in SE5 that is as nice as CBmod's, and I probably won't even be able to achieve a system under which it is good to spread your fire out.

My current leaning is to a system with:
- No components without direct and proportional effects.
IE: engines, supply/ammo, weapons, armor, cargo. Optionally colony modules, sensors and other one-offs with special abilities. One bridge as the control node, but no lifesupport, crew quarters and junk which doesn't hurt you until the last one is gone.
- Leaky armor, not directional. Scaled to hull size, with options to pay more tonnage for better protection. Note: due to the above, every hit will damage a component, and every component lost will reduce your ship's abilities. Shields will be weaker armor that do not suffer combat damage.
- Weapons might be made zero size or otherwise tiny... price and ammo use would be the limiting factors.
- Individualized repair perhaps... repair ability would be changed to an AI tag, and applied via scripts. A ship's damage control teams would be able to fix its own systems at full rate, but repairing other ships would be difficult. The idea here being that you cannot concentrate 99 repair points in a hex all onto one ship.

azacool89
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fav part of this mod is prob the crew. I love the fact that having guns "forces" you to use different crew.
About the repair thing. Are crew going to help repair the ship. Also why not add a "repair parts" tag to ships or components and using scripts decrease them by the amount of repaired points. That might be possible by using an AI tag. To restock them you might script an event were if they had full supplys that turn they are reset to max. Don't know if its possible to ask if it had full supplys that turn. I don't know when events are called in sim games and might be called when conditions are met.

SuicideJunkie
Leaky Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problem would be a lack of crew manipulation ability.
The best I can think of would be a damage event that hits only-crew for negative damage.

Having crew provide a small repair bonus to only the ship they're on is a good one, but I was thinking explicit damage control centers which would themselves require crew.

BlueTemplar came up with a possibility for semi-random damage that I will have to try out. It does severely restrict the number of available slots, so crew components will have to be drastically reduced.

It will be quite a different branch of GGmod.

Kana
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuicideJunkie wrote:
The only problem would be a lack of crew manipulation ability.
The best I can think of would be a damage event that hits only-crew for negative damage.

Having crew provide a small repair bonus to only the ship they're on is a good one, but I was thinking explicit damage control centers which would themselves require crew.

BlueTemplar came up with a possibility for semi-random damage that I will have to try out. It does severely restrict the number of available slots, so crew components will have to be drastically reduced.

It will be quite a different branch of GGmod.

If you are a gun crew, you man the guns, if you are a bridge crew you are in control of the ship. Damage Control parties, and Damage Control central are responsible for fixing the ship. The DCP are crew that have no other active combat function.

FSL Kana/CNO F.W.S.N/FNS Brawler (PBC IV)

azacool89
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if left over crew were places in damage control you could design ships with 2 decks full of crew support and only use top deck for non-crew components. this would make it easy to design ships for thous that hate the crew system. But my thinking was along the same path as gritty economy and its drone repair. I'm thinking that decreasing an ability through events is not possible as you were talking about crew.

Have you thought of using the regeneration ability for repair. As it is, it only repairs the ship it is on and then only the components that have the ability regardless of if it has 0 as its amount.. The problem would be combat repair. But could put in a very small amount and have it be accelerated during an event. You could also have the repair system your thinking of as a tack-on. haven't tested if regeneration work over a turn yet sorry.

SuicideJunkie
Leaky Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having the ship regen completely after every combat would be a very big downside.

ekolis
Virtual Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be realistic, though, if repairs took place at a rate that was noticeable during combat... Razz

BlueTemplar
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, IMHO the only repairs you can do during a combat is damage control - prevent that your ship condition doesn't deteriorate even more by itself!

Mentat
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm.. is it me or, the game displays a series of errors when i try to execute the mod file.

it doesnt work, after receiving those 8-10 lines of missing dlc* files neither mod works also...

is it related with having 1.79 ver of game?

ekolis
Virtual Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That seems likely... the mod probably needs to be updated!

Mentat
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i figured out some scripts are missing in the mainstrings.txt file.
check out the screenshot below:

[/img]

i am using the 1.79 patch for the SEV by the way.

ekolis
Virtual Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you should be able to copy over those entries from the stock 1.79 MainStrings.txt and put them into the GG MainStrings.txt, and then it might work...

Mentat
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. This time, i was able to load the game but, setup has some errors, see below:

Mentat
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a pity. A very fine piece of work, without a fix, Sad nothing but a junk...

Where is the mod creator anyway?

ekolis
Virtual Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's around, just not too involved with SE5 lately... I was just talking with him right now on IM and sent him a link to this thread Wink

Mentat
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well thanx! its good to have him around. I finally got a new pc which operates SEV with good FPS and i have a week of vacation. I was pretty disappointed for i thought i was not gonna be able to play this wonderful mod!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Gritty Galaxy All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: