This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 89
· Members: 0
· Total: 89

Spaceempires.net :: Boarding Parties in DN4 :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Boarding Parties in DN4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Dark Nova Mod
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ashwaker
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Boarding Parties in DN4 Reply with quote

Hi there,

A small question about Boarding Parties in DN4 (its 4.24 I think - from a few years back now). I have a few Corvettes, each with Boarding Parties II (x1). When I go to board an enemy Cue Cappa Cruiser, despite the fact they have no Security Stations or Boarding Parties on board, my boards all fail.

It's been a while (okay, a LONG while), but I think I recall something about this mod integrating a more realistic crew-fighting-to-the-death system, one that would integrate small amounts of Security Stations into the Crew Quarters and other systems, for example (not that I can see it reported anywhere). Boarding smaller Cue vessels works fine. Does this have any truth in it?

Or am I way off?

Thanks,
Ash

bearclaw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do the Cue Cappa Ships have Cybernetic Crew Quarters? Those have a Boarding Defense 10.

Also, Telepathic Armor (organic/psychic tech) have 5-15 Boarding defense as well.

But standard Crew Quarters don't affect Boarding defense at all.

Nick (bearclaw)

"You don't know the Power of the Dark Side. I must obey my Master"

ashwaker
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, nothing of the sort..
The ships are just a Bridge, some regular C.Q. and Life Supports, a few Chemical Rocket Is, a Solid Hydrogen Booster, some supply storage, and then the weapons, mostly Telekinetic Projectors but also two Alleigance Subverters.
In the Tactical Combat screen, upon attempt to board, I am given the message "... has failed to board ship..."
I am only using one Boarding Parties II. It seems my larger ships with several Boarding Parties are able to board this enemy ship, a Battleship of 1800KT.

ekolis
Virtual Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought in SE4 the CQ had some sort of hardcoded resistance to boarding of something like 4 points or something... or was that removed?

That's no space station - it's a spreadsheet!

bearclaw

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that I'm aware of... Though I guess it could have.

I double-checked what I had added Boarding defense abiltiy to and none of those components are on the list. I'm not sure what's going on.

Maybe your space marines are just pansys Smile

"We've come to take over this ship! Here, have a flower for your troubles"

Nick (bearclaw)

"You don't know the Power of the Dark Side. I must obey my Master"

ashwaker
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I guess now the only thing is to make sure I eradicate the hippies controlling my attack ships... Smile
Or maybe the United Floral Empire hires out marines every now and again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Dark Nova Mod All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: