This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 1
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 153
· Members: 0
· Total: 153

Spaceempires.net :: Progress Update :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Progress Update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> SF Star Wars Mod
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GMLocutus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Progress Update Reply with quote

Sooo...

I've been working hard these last few days in getting ships ready to put into the mod. For the time being there are 2 ships within the mod that were being used.

Ships Added into the mod
-Lucrehulk Battleship
-

Ships Prepared to be added 13/10/08 (Computer Controlled Only!)
-Lucrehulk
-Imperial Star Destroyer
-Victory Star Destroyer
-Super Star Destroyer
-MC80 Home One

Ships to be added this week 13/10/08(Player Controlled)
Providence-Class Destroyer
Carrack/S
Carrack/I
Separatist Cruiser
CR90 Corvette
Diamond-Class Cruiser
Hardcell-Class
Viscount-Class Star Defender
Venator-Class Star Destroyer

These should be within the mod by the end of the week, probably tomorrow once I get back home and add them onto the files on my laptop. Hope that helps to keep you all updated.

Some of these ships will only be controlled by the A.I. because they are just too unbalanced to be used by a player and also that in order to keep proportions of ships correct, these ships are just too big for the camera POV to fit onto the screen.

More news next week!

bearclaw

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to point out to anyone reading this forum that as GML's last post suggests we are back to work on SW to SF mod!

That doesn't mean that it'll be ready any time soon as this mod follows the same scale as everything Star Wars. BIG, BIG and BIGGER!

We are now focused on the map and getting as many SW ships into it as possible. After that, we begin on components and such.

Stay tuned!

Nick (bearclaw)

"You don't know the Power of the Dark Side. I must obey my Master"

bearclaw

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While GML is rapidly catching up in putting all the various ships into the mod, my current work is MANUALLY going through each and every system map file and correcting them to be canonicly correct. Huge task.

In case anyone is interested, I'm using Wookeepedia as my source, searching each system and each planet listed and entering all the information.

Currently, I've completed all the systems that start with 'A'. At the pace I've set, I expect to have all the systems done in approx 6 weeks.

Then we'll be ready to progress to the next stage.

Nick (bearclaw)

"You don't know the Power of the Dark Side. I must obey my Master"

McDave
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

go you good things!

GMLocutus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A;; the ships that work without crashing Starfury have been added. I am now waiting for Bearclaw to finish the quadrant map with the systems he's got to add before we split the galaxy up between the governments in the game.

Canon companies within the game will reside on their canon worlds, to make the game more interesting we'll be forcing the player to traverse the galaxy for thing, for example if you are in Coruscant and the missiles you need are the other side of the galaxy, then you will have to travel to other other side of the galaxy to buy them.

The economy and how trade is going to work out best for the player is being finished up so that we can begin once the map is done.

So everything right now rests on the map being fully finished.

Thighzen
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you guys still progressing on this project? I really like what I have seen so I hope this hasn't fallen by the wayside.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> SF Star Wars Mod All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: