This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 142
· Members: 0
· Total: 142

Spaceempires.net :: Stellar Manipulation! :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Stellar Manipulation!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Space Food Empires Mod
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptainKwok
Balance Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Stellar Manipulation! Reply with quote

Greetings.

I'm adding the balance of the stellar manipulation technologies in the next patch and would like to give them some more creative names.

Here is an example:

'Planet Discombobulator' for a planet destroying weapon. It works by inducing an anti-gravity fields that causes a planet's particles to disassociate it from one another.

Got any suggestions?

Space Empires Depot | SE:V Balance Mod

CaptainKwok
Balance Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still need some help to come up with some fun names for the remaining stellar manipulation components.

Here is what I have so far:

Space Fabric Softener: Device that weakens the structure of normal space generating a stellar storm.
Convection Inverter: Cosmic beam that dissipates stellar storms.
Gravitational Dehydrator: Fires a beam that dissipates the gravitational forces that hold a warp point together.
Warp Point Seeder: Gravitational seed that sprouts a warp point to a nearby star system.
Planet Discombobulator: Reverses a planet's gravity to cause it to fragment into pieces.
Planet Coagulator: Combines asteroids into a cohesive planetoid before initiating a biosphere generator.
Stellar Imploder: Complicated device that causes a star to collapse in on itself.

That's what I have but I still need ones for star formation, nebula formation and destruction ('Nebula Siphonicator'?), and lastly for the creation and destruction of black holes.

Atrocities
Shipyard Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are some good names. I wish I could offer a few but how can you top perfection such as that?

Weed Wacker
Planetary Salt Dropper
Singularity Inhibitor
Singularity Deconstuctor
Singularity Processor
Singularity Enabler

Where we're going we won't need roads.

CaptainKwok
Balance Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've completed all the Stellar Manipulation technologies, here are the rest of them:

Fusion Initiator: Condenses stellar gases from a system into a massive ball that forms into a star.
Nebula Siphonicator: Siphons nebula gases into a condensed sphere and combusting them.
Gaseous Disperser: Collects all sources of gases in a system and redistributes them into a single nebula.
Black Hole Defraggler: Defraggles the core of a black hole causing it to collapse.
Gravitational Condenser: Tightly compresses all matter in a system into a single point forming a black hole.

Ringworld Core: The central component required to fully activate a ringworld.
Gravity Generator: Massive generators required to provide suitable gravity for a ringworld.
Biosphere Generator: Generators required to provide a habitable atmosphere for a ringworld.
Hyper-Density Cables: Massive bundle of cables required to bind together all the materials of a ringworld.

To build a Ringworld in the mod, you require 30 Gravity Generators (500kT each), 50 Biosphere Generators (300kT each), and 120 Hyper-Density Cables (50kT each). The construction time and costs are a bit higher than those of a Sphereworld in stock SE:IV.

There are no Sphereworlds in the mod.

Moonsword
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Wacker" should be spelled Whacker.

Other than that, the names look good.

CaptainKwok
Balance Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some other notes on Stellar Manipulation in the mod:

The Stellar Manipulation tech area serves as a theoretical science with various branches coming off leading to individual tech areas for things like storm manipulation or planet creation. Not only does this make more sense, it adds a bit of extra research costs and allows for more specialization in that you only research what you want.

In general, stellar manipulation components are much larger, more expensive, and use more supplies than the regular SE:IV game. I'm hoping it will decrease some of the SM 'over-use' you tend to find in stock.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Space Food Empires Mod All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: